Hospital Amenities at UPMC Whitfield
Within minutes of the N25 motorway, UPMC Whitfield is a state-of-art hospital that offers its patients, visitors and staff every amenity they will need during their time at the hospital.
The Atrium Café
The Atrium Café is the on-site restaurant at UPMC Whitfield, which is located on the ground floor of the hospital. The Atrium Café is open to patients and visitors between 08.00am and 6.00pm on Monday – Friday (Excluding Bank Holidays), 10.00am to 2.00pm on Saturdays and closed on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
You will also find a shop located within the Atrium Café, which operates the same opening hours as the restaurant. The shop is stocked with a range of items including daily newspapers, magazines, confectionary, etc. Cigarettes are not sold in the shop. There is also a daily newspaper round to the wards each morning.
The quiet room is a non-denominational space for reflection, prayer or calm and is located on the 1st floor outside the General Ward.
There are a number of lounge areas located throughout the hospital.
- Inside the main entrance
- Outside the Ambulatory Day Ward
- Within the Ambulatory Day Ward
- A shared lounge between the General and Orthopaedic Wards is accessible from either ward.
There is free Wi-fi at UPMC Whitfield. The password is “guest”. If you are having trouble connecting to the Wi-fi please inform a member staff who will be happy to assist you.
- For each patients’ convenience, they have a private telephone located beside their bed
- To make an outside call the area code must always be dialled (including local calls)
- Please note there is no charge for local (051 area code), mobile or national calls. If you wish to have international calls activated on your phone please put a request in with the Nursing Staff (charges for international calls may apply).
- This is available by free phone from the reception desk or by requesting any member of staff to contact a taxi on your behalf