Orthopaedic Care at UPMC Whitfield Hospital
Life changing orthopaedic care.
At UPMC Whitfield Hospital, our patients find relief from joint pain, arthritic discomfort, and sporting injuries in a comfortable and caring environment.
Our orthopaedic consultants provide life changing care for your unique condition and create a personalised treatment plan tailored to your lifestyle and activity level.
The department has three laminar flow theatres, which provide the optimum setting for orthopaedic surgery as well as a dedicated inpatient ward which allows for specialised nursing to aid recovery.
Our consultant-led team takes pride in its excellent outcomes for patients and strives to deliver the best service possible. This combined with an excellent diagnostics service allows our consultants to offer the best care possible.
Our joint school, a nurse-led joint education programme, offers many resources before, during, and after your surgery.
Our goal is to help you throughout your journey so that you know what to expect and are able to be a part of your care team by:
- Providing you with clear and comprehensive information before Joint replacement surgery
- Ensuring that realistic expectations for recovery are established
- Beginning the planning for your discharge from hospital and rehabilitation following surgery
Orthopaedic Care Services at UPMC Whitfield
UPMC Whitfield orthopaedic care service treats conditions involving:
- Hip: total hip replacement, hip resurfacing, hip arthroscopy
- Knee: cartilage/meniscal tear, anterior cruciate rupture, ligament, tendon, and muscle injuries
- Groin: labral tears, hip impringement, sports hernia, adductor muscle injuries, acute, and chronic groin pain
- Foot and Ankle: plantar fasciitis, arthritis
- Shoulder and upper limb: elbow, wrist, hand surgery, sports injury
Consultant specialties include:
- ACL reconstruction
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Diseases of the foot and ankle
- Dupuytren’s Contracture
- Femeroacetabular Impingement (FAI)
- Hand and wrist surgery
- Hip replacement
- Labral tears
- Revision surgeries
- Shoulder replacement
- Sports injury
- Unicompartmental knee replacement