General Surgery at UPMC Whitfield
World-class care starts with experts in General Surgery.
UPMC Whitfield puts our patients at the center of everything we do – and it begins with general surgical care.
Our General Surgery department consists of highly qualified and experienced consultants, alongside a dedicated nursing and allied health professional team.
Our range of treatments in our general surgery departments covers colorectal surgery, abdominal surgery, upper gastrointestinal surgery alongside a comprehensive diagnostics service.
General Surgery Services
- Colorectal surgery
- Abdominal surgery
- Upper gastrointestinal surgery
- Groin and abdominal wall hernias
- Laparoscopic gall bladder surgery
- Direct access colonoscopy and upper GI endoscopy
- Treatment of diseases of GI tract including anorectal conditions and Pilonidal disease
- Surgery and laser therapy for varicose veins
- Central venous access procedures
- Adult circumcision and vasectomy
- Day case general paediatric surgery above 4 years of age including hernia repairs, undescended testis and circumcision
- Minor surgery for toe nails, simple and complex skin lesion removals.