Mr Terence Christle
Colorectal General Surgery, Gastroenterology & Endoscopy General Surgery
Direct access colonoscopy, gastroscopy colo-rectal surgery, inguinal hernia repair and diagnostic laparoscopies
M.B., B.Ch., B.A.O., U.Dubl. Diplomate: American Board of Surgery Diplomate: American Board of Colo-Rectal Surgery
Mr. Christle obtained his medical degree and completed an Anatomy Demonstratorship at Trinity College, Dublin.
This was followed by an internship at St. James’s and Sir Patrick Dun’s Hospital.
After successfully completing the Primary Fellowship Examination at the Royal College of Surgeons in Dublin and the Foreign Medical Graduate Exam Mr. Christle continued his surgical training in the USA.
He completed his general surgery residency training and subsequently a fellowship in colo-rectal surgery at Baylor University Medical Centre, Dallas Texas.
Mr. Christle received his board certifications in both general surgery and colo-rectal surgery. He established his surgical practice in Massachusetts, pursuing his interest in minimally invasive surgery.
He was also the Surgical Trauma Director of a level two trauma centre.
He moved back to Ireland with his family in 2003.
Mr Christle’s procedures and treatments include:
- Direct access colonoscopy and gastroscopy
- Colo-rectal surgery
- Laparoscopic and open gallbladder surgery
- Laparoscopic and open abdominal/inguinal hernia repair
- Laparoscopic and open diagnostic laparoscopy and laparotomy
- Small bowel surgery
- Perianal and rectal disease management including pilonidal sinus, fistula-in-ano, perianal abscess skin lesions, benign and malignant