Mr Criostoir O’Suilleabhain
Gastroenterology & Endoscopy General Surgery
Gastroenterology & Endoscopy
MD (NUI) FRCSI
Mr Criostoir O’Suilleabhain completed basic surgical training at Cork University Hospital and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland in 1994.
He trained as research fellow at Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA and Queen Mary University Hospital, Hong Kong, before working as a consultant at the Scottish transplant unit at Edinburgh Royal Infirmary in UK.
His present post is as consultant general surgeon with a specialist interest in Upper Gastrointestinal, Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery at the Mercy University hospital Cork.
Since 2006, he has also practiced at Whitfield Clinic.
Surgeries and treatments offered include:
- Endoscopy, including diagnostic and therapeutic oesophaogastrodeodenoscopy (OGD)
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Anti-reflux surgery (Nissen Fundoplication)
- Hernia repair (Inguinal, Femoral, Parastomal- Laparoscopic or Open)
- Colonic and small bowel surgery
- Perianal disease (haemorrhoidectomy, pilonidal sinus, fistula-in-ano, perianal abscess)
- Cutaneous and subcutaneous lesions