About UPMC Kildare Hospital
Bringing life-changing medicine to west Dublin and the Midlands.
UPMC Kildare Hospital, previously known as Clane General Hospital, is a 39-bed private hospital that was acquired by UPMC in November 2019.
This commitment to improving access to healthcare for patients in Ireland complements UPMC’s global mission to serve its communities by providing outstanding patient care and to shape tomorrow’s health system through clinical and technological innovation, research, and education.
Who is UPMC?
UPMC is an international not-for-profit healthcare organisation that is helping to transform the way healthcare is provided. With a global presence and strong relationships with millions of patients around the world, UPMC is considered a leading American healthcare provider at the forefront of patient care and medical innovation.
We have locations throughout Ireland’s South and South East, Italy, and the U.S. and are consistently inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centred care.
The UPMC vision
UPMC will lead the transformation of healthcare in Ireland. The UPMC model will be nationally recognised for redefining healthcare by:
- Putting our patients, employees and local community at the centre of everything we do in the quest to make Life Changing Medicine a reality.
- Driving economic development, with the advancement of excellence and innovation in healthcare.
- Building strong links to the global academic network to drive an innovative approach to the delivery of care and clinical advancements to the patient population.
- Entering into creative partnerships with public and insurance counterparts to address systemic challenges in the delivery of healthcare and filling the current gaps in the continuum of care.
- Strengthening links to academic and research partners in Ireland, the U.S., and Italy.