In addition to operations in Ireland, UPMC is currently operating in the following countries:
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, UPMC has grown its network throughout Western Pennsylvania and now makes up 41 percent medical-surgical market share in 29 counties in the region.
UPMC in the U.S. offers more than 8,500 licensed beds in 40 hospitals, community outpatient facilities, retirement community living, urgent care centres, rehabilitation, imaging services, pharmacies and walk-in centres.
Over 3.8 million members are covered by UPMC Insurance Services products.
For more information, please visit the UPMC US website.
UPMC International provides hands-on healthcare and management services with partners around the world. It continues to successfully develop internationally renowned programs in:
By leveraging clinical and technological expertise to create breakthrough products and services, UPMC is taking a leadership role in transforming the economy by:
- Pioneering new information technology applications to link and integrate electronic medical records across multiple hospitals and care settings
- Nurturing the creation of new companies
- Developing strategic business relationships with some of the world’s leading corporations
- Expanding clinical services and state-of-the art medical expertise into international markets, including Italy, Ireland and China
- Leading research initiatives in a variety of new fields, such as regenerative medicine and biosecurity
- Contributing €800 million in Fiscal Year 2016 to charitable organisations and community-based health improvement programs
- By creating new jobs, new businesses and new models for healthcare delivery and community support, UPMC’s Life Changing Medicine is changing the medical world, as well as the whole wide world
UPMC offers hands-on healthcare management and advisory services to reshape the economics and practice of healthcare globally and to provide high-quality care to patients close to home.
UPMC works with healthcare, government and other partners to meet their needs, from managing the design and construction of a new hospital or cancer center, to developing best-in-class clinical programs through the use of advanced technology.