Respiratory Clinic at UPMC Aut Even Hospital
UPMC Aut Even Hospital is a leading centre in respiratory medicine with state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment. The respiratory laboratory and sleep clinic at UPMC Aut Even Hospital encompass one of the most advanced respiratory medicine facilities in Ireland.
When a patient is referred to this clinic, they can expect to avail of a range of respiratory medicine services and diagnostic studies. These studies provide reliable information on lung capacity and may indicate the presence of lung disease.
Patients attending the respiratory clinic can expect high-quality treatment for diseases such as:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Lung fibrosis
Some of the procedures performed by the respiratory clinic include:
- Spirometry (to measure airway obstruction)
- DLCO (measures oxygen absorption capacity)
- Bronchodilator response testing
- TLCO (transfer lung factor for carbon monoxide)
- Allergy testing (respiratory irritant specific)
- Pulmonary function testing
- Polysomnography (sleep studies)
Consultants in Respiratory Medicine
Dr. Shahid Zia, MBBS, FRCPI, FCCP
Dr. Zia has significant experience in treating respiratory conditions such as asthma, COPD, and interstitial lung disease, and has a special interest in sleep medicine. Click here for more detailed information on Dr. Zia.