Physiotherapy Department at UPMC Aut Even Hospital
UPMC Aut Even Hospital’s physiotherapy department offers an extensive musculoskeletal service, along with respiratory, surgical, and gerontology care.
Where appropriate, our physiotherapists will work closely with consultants to combine their expert knowledge and skills for the provision of the most thorough package of care to suit each patient’s particular needs.
The physiotherapy department at UPMC Aut Even Hospital provides patients with a broad range of expert services, including:
- Rapid rehabilitation programme (post-hip and knee replacement)
- Foot and ankle rehabilitation post-surgery
- Sport injury rehabilitation (post-knee and shoulder surgery)
- Back, neck, and joint disorders
- Muscle, ligament, and tendon injuries
- Rheumatology management
- Orthotics and footwear advice
- Soft tissue massage, deep tissue, and trigger point release
- Manual therapy including joint mobilisations and manipulations
- Dry needling
- Functional rehabilitation
- Core stability rehabilitation
- Electrotherapy, e.g. ultrasound, interferential
Rehabilitation post-gynaecological surgery, classes, and individual consultations.
Assessment and treatment for a range of lung conditions including COPD, chest infections, and bronchiectasis.
- Assessment and treatment of geriatric and neurological conditions
- Mobility and balance retraining, exercise prescription, and falls prevention
What is isokinetics?
Isokinetic testing is the gold standard for muscle strength testing. It is a computerized measurement of muscle function and output and is the treatment of choice of top athletes and sports teams worldwide. Isokinetic testing can be used to assess return to form following an injury or surgery. For athletes and sports teams, it can be used as part of pre-season testing to identify potential areas of muscle weakness or imbalances that may lead to injury, e.g. an athlete with recurrent hamstring strains.
How does it work?
This test provides detailed information that cannot be gained from manual testing, such as the strength of different sides of the body and overall strength compared to a benchmark. Repeated tests are used to measure progress. The isokinetic machine can also be used for rehabilitation of muscle groups using the bio-feedback settings
For more information and pricing please contact our physiotherapy department by calling 056-7775226
How to access the service
- Self-referral: It is possible to see one of our physiotherapists without a GP referral letter. For self-referral, please contact: 056-7775226.
- GP or consultant referral: Your consultant or GP may also refer you to a physiotherapist at Aut Even.
- Follow-up referral: Following an inpatient stay or procedure at Aut Even, your physiotherapist may arrange a follow-up appointment for you.
Treatments by a chartered physiotherapist are eligible for refund by all major health insurance companies and by occupational schemes provided by Gardai, ESB, and Prison Officers. Cover is dependent on your individual policy. Your insurer can inform you of your specific plan, entitlements, and method of reimbursement.
- Jane Campbell, physiotherapy manager
- Samantha Gilman, senior physiotherapist
- Fiona McGoldrick, senior women’s health physiotherapist
- Ciara Morrissey, physiotherapist
- Elaine Kennington, strength and conditioning specialist and physiotherapy assistant