Orthopaedics Department at UPMC Aut Even Hospital
At UPMC Aut Even Hospital, we offer high-quality orthopaedic care. Our team of orthopaedic surgeons and support staff ensure that every step of the process is as convenient and comfortable as possible for patients.
Our range of treatments cover the following areas:
- Sports and exercise injuries (ACL reconstruction, knee, and shoulder surgery)
- Upper limb (repair of femoral neck and trochanteric fractures)
- Shoulder (arthroscopy, replacement, rotator cuff repair, and dislocation manipulation)
- Wrist and hand (Carpal tunnel release, arthroscopy, and ganglion removal)
- Hip (replacement, revision surgery, and arthroplasty)
- Knee (partial and total replacement, revision surgery, arthroscopy, and patellofemoral arthroplasty)
- Foot (hallux valgus and hammertoe correction)
- Ankle surgery
Our orthopaedic consultants also see patients with a range of orthopaedic conditions such as lifestyle and sports injuries (i.e. ligament, cartilage, tendon, and muscle damage), arthritis, bone tumours, dislocations, cerebral palsy, osteoporosis, and those suffering from the effects of general wear and tear of joints.
UPMC Aut Even Hospital’s orthopaedics department takes pride in its excellent outcomes for patients and its high level of dedicated patient care.
The specific features of our joint replacement service are as follows:
- Pre-assessment service with in-house consultant cardiologist and senior physiotherapist
- Rapid recovery programme (four to five days)
- Full-time, 24-hour house doctor
- Specialist pain management techniques
- Oral anti-coagulant therapy delivered post-operatively
- HDU initial 24-hour post-operative period
Consultants in Orthopaedics
Mr. Stuart Edwards, MBBS, FRCS (Tr and Orth)
Specialist in primary and revision hip and knee surgery, minimal access surgery and resurfacing procedures.
Mr. Breandán Long, MB, BCh, BAO, FRCSI, FFSEM
Sports injury specialist, treating anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction of the knee and rotator cuff repair of the shoulder.
Mr. Alan Laing, MB, BCh, BAO, AFRCSI, MMSc, MD, FRCS (Tr & Orth)
Specialist in surgery of the foot and ankle, offering a comprehensive service related to the management and treatment of acute foot and ankle fractures, sports, and dance injuries.
Mr. Maurice Neligan, MB, BCh, BAO, MMedSci, FRSCI, FRCSI (Tr & Orth)
Specialist surgeon of sports injuries of the knee and shoulder, arthroscopic surgery, knee preservation surgery, and hip and knee arthroplasty.
Mr. Turlough O’Donnell, MB, BCh, BAO, FRCSI, FRCS (Tr & Orth)
Specialist surgeon of the knee, hip, and upper limb with particular interest in the preservation of the arthritic knee and shoulder surgery.
See consultant contact information on page.