Applications from suitably qualified candidates for the below position is by way of letter of application and curriculum vitae to Ms. Aoife Power, HR Generalist email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday 26 June 2020.
Systems Engineer – Tech Lead
Under the direction of management, the Systems Engineer – Tech Lead maintains systems, leads, assigns, and monitors projects, provides end user support, manages team documentation, and initiates process improvement. Responsible for managing POCs and evaluating new technologies. Participates in defining and leading the vision for the team. Acts as liaison to vendors for advanced troubleshooting. The Systems Engineer – Tech Lead will act as a mentor to junior members of the team. May be responsible as point of contact for team in absence of management.
- Typically has 7+ years’ experience with complex systems environments through education or practical experience
- Strong experience with Microsoft Windows Server platforms, VMware vSphere 6.x, Red Hat Linux, Active Directory, DNS, GPO
- Strong understanding and troubleshooting of physical and virtual servers
- Knowledge of scripting, vSAN, Backups, SAN storage solutions
- Experience with public cloud solutions, AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of the project management process
- This position may be required to maintain a 24/7 off hours support as part of a rotation within the team; the frequency varies based upon the number of colleagues in the rotation
- Preferred qualifications / certifications: VCP and MCSE or equivalent
- Candidates who are multi-lingual are preferred; the ability to speak and understand Italian is a plus
- Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day to day work and projects
Core Technology Concepts
- Responsible for understanding of complex technologies and their use
- Demonstrates initiative to learn about current and future technologies
- The implementation and support for information security directives as mandated by UPMC policy and EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
End User Support
- Responsible for coordinating troubleshooting for all issues
- Triage and escalate issues as appropriate and communicate with other teams to resolve
- Resolve complex end-user support issues independently
- Responsible for assisting less experienced staff with end-user support issues
- Responsible for ensuring there is resolution or that the end-user is connected with the appropriate resources for issues resolution
Interactions with Others
- Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach
- Works in collaboration with team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts
- Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary
- Mentors less-experienced staff
- Develops maintenance/upgrade plans with assistance of lead/expert
- Responsible for maintenance and upgrades
- Responsible for assisting with Disaster Recovery Plan
- Responsible for time tracking and updating documentation
- Plan and lead projects, including staff coordination
- Collaborate with other technical teams, as appropriate, for successful completion of project
- Lead POC evaluations
- Responsible for continuous self-study, trainings, partnering with more senior members of team, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends
- Seeks feedback from senior team members for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviours
- Independently resolve issues
- Mentor less experienced staff with issue resolution
- Responsible for documentation of resolutions for the team
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the UPMC Global Technology Operations Center and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the Center.
A $21 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.