Please send letter of application along with an up-to-date CV to Hazel Swords, HR Business Partner, UPMC Kildare Hospital, email@example.com.
Role: Anaesthetic Nurse
Based at: UPMC Kildare Hospital, Clane
Accountable to: Theatre CNM
Reports to: Director of Nursing
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To hold responsibility for setting up anaesthetic room.
- To provide dedicated assistance to the anaesthetist and to deliver professional and high standards of care within the theatre suite.
- To provide a professional and high standard of client care within the theatre suite respecting the patient’s dignity at all times.
- To implement client checking procedures in the holding bay providing support, reassurance and information to the client as appropriate.
- To undertake support duties within the theatre suite.
- To provide anaesthetic cover in outlying areas when the need occurs.
- To provide equipment and needs of the anaesthetist when transferring a patient to another hospital to follow the patient transfer policy of the hospital.
The Post holder must hold the following to fulfil the requirements of this post:
- Be registered general nurse with The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI).
- At least two year’s post registration theatre/anaesthetic experience is essential.
- Evidence of ongoing CPD.
- Holding a relevant theatre qualification is desirable.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As UPMC Kildare Hospital and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the hospital.
A $23 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.