Gastroenterology & Endoscopy, General Surgery
Professor Gerry O’Donoghue
Consultant Breast & General Surgeon
General Surgery and Endoscopy, Breast Cancer, Breast Conservation Surgery, Melanoma, Thyroid and Skin Cancer
MB, BCh, BAO (NUI), LRCP & SI, AFRCSI, FRCSI, MD
Professor Gerry O’ Donoghue is a consultant specialising in breast cancer, skin cancer and endocrine surgery at the UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre.
He attended the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland and graduated with an Honours Degree in 1999. He was awarded a Doctorate of Medicine (MD) by his alma mater in 2005 for his research into breast cancer treatment.
While undertaking a surgical oncology fellowship at the Royal Melbourne and Royal Women’s Hospitals in Australia he gained specialist expertise in breast, thyroid/ parathyroid and melanoma surgeries.
Gerry is an Honorary Clinical Associate Professor in recognition of his valuable contributions to medicine and health sciences at the RCSI.
He is also the Lead Breast Surgeon at the UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre and Senior Lecturer at the Royal College of Surgeons and University College Cork.
His services include:
Breast Disease Practice
- Symptomatic breast consultations
- Asymptomatic family history screening and genetic testing referral
- Minimally invasive breast cancer, prophylactic and breast reconstruction surgery
General Surgery and Endocrine Practice
- Minimally invasive general surgery including gallbladder, hernia, endoscopy and minor surgical procedures
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery
Skin Cancer Practice
- Melanoma surgery including node biopsy
- Skin cancer surgery