Mr. David McMurray
Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Mb, BCh, BAO, MRCOG, MRCPI
David McMurray graduated from Queens University Belfast and trained in the West of Scotland.
Upon completion of his Obstetrics & Gynaecology training, Mr. McMurray became a consultant in a large teaching hospital in Lanarkshire where he practiced for 12 years.
He developed expertise in gynaecological imaging and outpatient hysteroscopy investigating women with postmenopausal bleeding or heavy periods. Mr. McMurray introduced the technique of laparoscopic subtotal hysterectomy to Scotland and was a trainer/instructor in advanced laparoscopic gynaecological surgery.
He has an interest in pelvic floor prolapse and female incontinence surgery.
Mr. McMurray believes in offering a high-quality patient-centred care to his patients involving the use of modern evidence-based techniques.
Procedures and treatments include:
- Pelvic ultrasounds
- Smear tests
- Insertion, removal, or change of intrauterine device (IUD)
- Removal of contraceptive implant (if GP cannot remove)
- Hysteroscopy +/- biopsy (D+C) or polpectomy
- Vulval biopsy
- Local anaesthetic injection for vulvodynia marsupialisation of Bartholins cysts
- Endometrial ablation
- Tension Free Vaginal tape (TVTo)
- Laparoscopy diagnostic
- Laparoscopic sterilisation (bilateral salpingectomy)
- Laparoscopic removal of ovarian cysts
- Laparoscopic removal of ovaries
- Laparoscopic treatment of endometriosis (excision of affected tissue/ablation)
- Laparoscopic subtotal hysterectomy (LASH)
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy (TLH)
- Laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy (LAVH)
- Total abdominal hysterectomy (TAH)
- Reversal of sterilisation
- Pelvic floor repair including anterior/posterior repairs
- Vaginal hysterectomy
- Sacrosopinous fixation
- Site specific pelvic floor repairs
Mr. McMurray will perform an ultrasound as part of your exam.