Applications from suitably qualified candidates for the below position is by way of letter of application and curriculum vitae to Fiona Horan, HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday, 30 July 2021.
Senior Wireless Network Engineer
Based at: UPMC Global Technology Operations Centre, Kilkenny
The Wireless Network Engineer will be responsible for providing architectural expertise in the planning, designing, and implementation of wireless access points, wireless controllers and switches. This position will be responsible for implementing and supporting complex, secure networks on a case-by-case basis that revolves around the business and technology needs of the customer. Tasks include but are not limited to troubleshooting and debugging wireless issues, network issues and network traffic analysis. The Wireless Network Engineer provides wireless and network support to customers. To thrive in this role, you will need to be comfortable working independently, communicate well, be very organized, provide great follow-up, and have excellent customer support skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing excellent customer service
- Configuration and support of some of the following products: Aruba, Cisco, Meraki and/or Ruckus
- Wireless Troubleshooting & Design
- Provide technical support for various wireless networks
- Performance maintenance on wireless project processes
- Train and assist internal and external customers on wireless technologies
- Determine client requirements and execute wireless projects for clients
- Maintain knowledge of new wireless network products
- Secure design of wireless business networks
- Typically has 5+ years supporting various wireless products such as Aruba, Cisco, Meraki and/or Ruckus
- Previous experience with Cisco switching technologies and protocols
- Previous experience enterprise wireless networking
- Previous experience with wireless predictive analysis
- Familiarity with architectural differences for RF propagation
- Familiarity with researching wireless networks
- Good working knowledge of HP/Aruba WLAN controller solutions
- Good working knowledge of Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager
- Experience with Aruba network management platforms would be of benefit, AirWave & Central
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP
- Aruba ACMX/ACDX/ACCX/ACCP
- Wireless CWNA/CWNE/CWNP/CWSP/CWAP
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As UPMC and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the organisation.
A $23 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.