Applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above position is by way of a letter of application and curriculum vitae to Fiona Horan, HR Manager email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday, 30 July 2021.
Senior Systems Analyst
Based at: UPMC Global Technology Operations Centre, Kilkenny
Under the general direction of the management team and senior staff, the Senior Systems Analyst requires a proficient level of experienced analytical services, defining requirements, developing and/or maintaining computer applications/systems, and providing services to meet client IT and business needs.
- Typically has 5+ years’ experience with modern technology and application support through education or practical experience
- Highly driven and self-motivated to meet expectations
- Ability to work independently and in a team-based environment
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of information technology fundamental tools and concepts (SDLC) of one of the information technology professional disciplines and applies that understanding to make independent practical contributions to IT work within a UPMC department or function
- Completes on-going training on-the-job, through courses, self-study, certifications and/or advanced degrees to maintain and enhance technical and business capabilities
- Additionally, this position may be required to maintain a stand-by status as part of a rotation within the team; this requires 24 hours per day, 7 days per week availability during the stand-by period; the frequency varies based upon the number of colleagues in the rotation
- Candidates who are multi-lingual are preferred;tThe ability to speak and understand Italian is a plus.
Application Upgrades and Implementation Review
- Identify new functionality and/or hardware requirements related to application upgrades and implementations
- Creates test plans
- Responsible for review and validation of functionality
- Report back any problems
- Create and/or manage cutover plans including downtime, etc.
- Responsible for evaluating impact and coordinating efforts across multiple platforms as necessary
- Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day to day work and projects
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information at all times
- The implementation and support for information security directives as mandated by UPMC policy and EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- Maintain data quality at all times
- Complete detail-oriented documentation for new and moderately complex processes
- Responsible for the quality and validity of produced documents
- Extract and document customer/business requirements and needs for use by enterprise architecture and engineering teams (network, system, and software)
End User Training
- Ability to create training content
- Facilitate more detailed user training sessions
- Ability to train peers
Interactions with Others
- Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach
- Works in collaboration with team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts
- Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary
- Mentors less-experienced staff
- Ability to manage process improvement efforts
- Create and update processes, as necessary
- Ability to independently recognize opportunity for process improvements
- Take ownership of a project and have the ability to distribute tasks to team members and meet milestone completion
- Update all project management and time tracking tools accordingly
- Write and analyze complex reports
- Make modifications to complex reports
- Mentor less experienced team members
- Communicate with the business/act as business analyst
SDLC (System Development Life Cycle)
- Have a proficient understanding of multiple system/application development life cycles
Second and Third Level Support (Including Maintenance Activities)
- Independently triage and resolve Level 2 and Level 3 support issues
- Act as a mentor to less experienced staff in resolution of Level 2 and Level 3 issues
- Ability to handle problem management as appropriate
- Responsible for continuous self-study, trainings, partnering with more senior members of team, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends
- Seeks feedback from senior team members for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviours
- May be responsible for coordination of tasks and resources related to system integration, validation of testing and implementation
- Interact with vendors (technical issues, project initiatives) independently, as necessary
- Ability to act as the point person for issue escalation
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the UPMC Global Technology Operations Center and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the Center.
A $23 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.