Applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above position is by way of a letter of application and curriculum vitae to Ms. Aoife Power, HR Generalist firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Saturday, 30 January 2021.
Senior Privacy Analyst
UPMC Global Technology Operations Centre, Kilkenny
Responsible for the preparation of quarterly and ad hoc reports, as well as the initial drafts of any reports to senior management or management committees. The senior privacy analyst provides advice, recommendations, and guidance on addressing identified privacy issues and oversees the delivery and ongoing monitoring of action plans to correct such issues. The senior privacy analyst is also responsible for conducting regular reviews and updates to relevant policies and training materials to reflect changes in law and regulation or company practices. The senior privacy analyst will lead the development of any new policies, procedures, or other privacy office-issued documentation or formal guidance. The senior privacy analyst is responsible for mentoring junior privacy analysts, as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review country regulations along with UPMC policies and procedures for existing and potential compliance issues.
- Work closely with compliance staff and collaborate with the legal department to identify compliance issues and implement corrective actions.
- Oversee corrective and preventive actions and document revisions.
- Develop researched information materials to be delivered to staff, providing on-going educational updates.
- Complete initial review reports for corporate compliance committee.
- Review and present on a weekly basis the status of all assignments and pertinent information obtained during report week and provide projections for the upcoming week.
- Perform in accordance with system-wide competencies and behaviours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a privacy role.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to critically review and apply policies and procedures is required.
- Identifies, develops, and participates in process improvement opportunities within the privacy office.
- Must have good organisational skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess the ability to learn new software as needed.
- Must be self-motivated, capable of meeting stringent deadlines, and both willing and capable of advising privacy analysts on routine issues.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the needs of UPMC in Ireland develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the company.
A $21 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.