Applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above position is by way of letter of application and curriculum vitae to Ms. Aoife Power, HR Generalist email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday 29 May 2020.
Senior Network Security Engineer
The Senior Network Security Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of securing the data transport network. This individual will also be responsible for implementation and administration of network security hardware and software, enforce network security policies, and network compliance activities. The candidate is expected to have strong IT experience and a solid understanding of core IT knowledge in networking and firewalls.
- Typically has a four-year academic degree including courses in computer programming, systems analysis, system development, or systems engineering and/or has acquired 5+ years of core IT skills and knowledge via practical experience
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of TCP/IP, Port Security and NGFW technologies
- Ability to manage complex firewall policies, prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Candidates who are multi-lingual are preferred. The ability to speak and understand Italian is a plus
Additional Licence Requirements
- Multiple associate-level certifications (Cisco CCNA, Juniper JNCIA, Palo Alto PCNSA, Fortinet NSE4, NSE5 or NSE6, etc.)
- One professional-level certification (CISSP, Cisco CCNP, Juniper JNCIP, Palo Alto PCNSE, Fortinet NSE7, etc.)
is required within two years in role or another approved professional IT certificate.
- Assist with escalations from the Network Security Operations Team as necessary
- Consistently meets set SLAs for incidents, firewall exceptions and change controls
- Deploy: Palo Alto, Fortinet or Cisco firewalls, Site-to-Site VPN’s, and Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine)
- Engages in continuous process improvement
- Keeps abreast of trends and changing technologies that relate to IT and Network Security
- Maintain electronic documentation: Network diagrams, Processes / Procedures, and Inventory (CMDB)
- Trains and mentor’s members of the Network Security staff
- The implementation and support for information security directives as mandated by UPMC policy and EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the UPMC Global Technology Operations Center and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the Center.
A $21 billion health care provider and insurer, Pittsburgh-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centered, cost-effective, accountable care. The largest nongovernmental employer in Pennsylvania, UPMC integrates 89,000 employees, 40 hospitals, 700 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites, and a more than 3.7 million-member Insurance Services Division. In Ireland, UPMC delivers trusted, patient-centred care to communities and patients in the Midlands and the South East. Our hospitals—UPMC Whitfield in Waterford and UPMC Kildare in Clane — combined with our outreach facility in Carlow and a radiotherapy centre in Cork offer patients access to care in more than 25 specialities.