Please send letter of application along with an up-to-date CV to Fiona Horan, HR Manager, UPMC Whitfield Hospital, Cork Road, Waterford, or by email to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday, 14 May 2021.
Senior Network Security Engineer
Based at: UPMC Global Technology Operations Centre, Kilkenny
Full Time Permanent
The Senior Network Security Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of securing the data transport network. This individual will also be responsible for implementation and administration of network security hardware and software, enforce network security policies, and network compliance activities. The candidate is expected to have strong IT experience and a solid understanding of core IT knowledge in networking and firewalls.
- Assist with escalations from the Network Security Operations Team as necessary.
- Consistently meets set SLAs for incidents, firewall exceptions and change controls.
- Deploy: Palo Alto, Fortinet or Cisco firewalls, Site-to-Site VPN’s, and Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine).
- Engages in continuous process improvement.
- Keeps abreast of trends and changing technologies that relate to IT and Network Security.
- Maintain electronic documentation: Network diagrams, Processes / Procedures, and Inventory (CMDB).
- Trains and mentor’s members of the Network Security staff.
- The implementation and support for information security directives as mandated by UPMC policy and EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
- Typically has a 4-year academic degree including courses in computer programming, systems analysis, system development, or systems engineering and/or has acquired 5+ years of core IT skills and knowledge via practical experience.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of TCP/IP, Port Security and NGFW technologies.
- Ability to manage complex firewall policies, prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Candidates who are multi-lingual are preferred. The ability to speak and understand Italian is a plus.
Additional License Requirements;
- Multiple associate-level certifications (Cisco CCNA, Juniper JNCIA, Palo Alto PCNSA, Fortinet NSE4, NSE5 or NSE6, etc.) or
- One professional-level certification (CISSP, Cisco CCNP, Juniper JNCIP, Palo Alto PCNSE, Fortinet NSE7, etc.) required within two years in role or another approved professional IT certificate.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the UPMC Global Technology Operations Center and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the Center.
A $23 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.