Applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above position is by way of letter of application and curriculum vitae to Ms. Aoife Power, HR Generalist – email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday, 6 November 2020.
Senior Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer position will be part of a strategic team responsible for Network Design, building and deploying network infrastructure for data centres, WAN routing, building network distribution, and cloud components required for data communications in 24x7x365 environment under the direction of the Network Architecture group. Key to this position will be a focus on process automation in a secure, high performance, highly available (99.9995), and fully resilient infrastructure across multiple data centres and core locations. The candidate must possess extensive experience in networking and design and capable of working in a highly complex, dynamic environment.
- Typically has 5+ years’ experience with IP networking and large enterprise network designs through education or practical experience
- Senior level competence in IP routing / switching technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, MPLS, IPSEC, GRE and best practices, fault tolerant
- Senior level knowledge of QoS and queueing theory
- Conversant in IPv6 deployment methodologies, and IPv6 differences from IPv4
- Experience in managing enterprise systems, applications and endpoints with tools Excellent and rapid network troubleshooting and resolve skill set
- Collaborate with members of the engineering team on scaling
- Experience maintaining a 24 x 7 x 365 network infrastructure
- Experience in communication and collaborative technologies
- Strong documentation skill set
- Experience in a CMMI environment
- Preferred Qualifications: Nokia NRS II/SRA, Cisco CCNP, Exposure to SDN, Experience in programming network automation
- Candidates who are multi-lingual are preferred. The ability to speak and understand Italian is a plus.
- Combine and coordinate the tools, software and hardware to create a scalable, resilient, and responsive network
- Develop and implement guidelines for the deployment and management of the network
- Drive cross functional business and technical requirements for the enterprise
- Evaluate and recommend new hardware platforms and services
- Provide service to client community, patients, families and visitors, while protecting the integrity and confidentiality of all data and information through physical and electronic measures
- Responsible for continuous self-study, trainings, partnering with more senior members of team, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends; seeks feedback from senior team members for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviours
- Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day to day work and projects
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and scale of the corporate production network
- Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach; works in collaboration with team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts; shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary; mentors less-experienced staff
- Provides mentoring and support to others in areas of expertise
- The implementation and support for information security directives as mandated by UPMC policy and EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the UPMC Global Technology Operations Center and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the Center.
A $21 billion health care provider and insurer, Pittsburgh-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centered, cost-effective, accountable care. The largest nongovernmental employer in Pennsylvania, UPMC integrates 89,000 employees, 40 hospitals, 700 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites, and a more than 3.7 million-member Insurance Services Division. In Ireland, UPMC delivers trusted, patient-centred care to communities and patients in the Midlands and the South East. Our hospitals—UPMC Whitfield in Waterford and UPMC Kildare in Clane — combined with our outreach facility in Carlow and a radiotherapy centre in Cork offer patients access to care in more than 25 specialities.