Applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above position is by way of letter of application and curriculum vitae to Ms. Aoife Power, HR Generalist firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday 15 May 2020.
Senior BI Developer
The Senior BI Developer will develop a process to move data output from existing static content to interactive (Visualization) in the form of Dashboards and performance analytics within BI (Business Intelligence) tools, such as PowerBI, Qlik, or Tableau. Will work closely with IT and administration to facilitate governance, and technical integrations.
- Bachelors’ degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Computer Science or related disciplines (Preferred: Masters/MBA)
- Required: 2-3 plus years of BI environment experience, PowerBI preferred
- Preferred: Certified Professional on one or more BI platforms
- Preferred: Knowledge in PowerBI or similar, Installation, Configuration, Administration, Security, Development, and Designing
- Preferred: Two plus years of SQL Server & Oracle database experience
- Proficient in building and optimizing complex SQL queries
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to structure and conduct analyses to generate insight and recommendations
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, and forge strong interpersonal relationships within the department, with other departments, and with external audiences
- Excellent planning, communication, documentation, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, enthusiasm and initiative on a daily basis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment a must
- Experience working with minimal direction, with a keen ability to leverage business-sense to guide decision making
- Healthcare experience preferred but not required, consumer / retail / technology /Insurance experience preferred
- Candidates who are multi-lingual are preferred. The ability to speak and understand Italian is a plus
- Design and develop processes, and solutions to compile data into interactive dashboards to monitor and trend administrative, finance, and clinical activity
- Design, develop, and generate ad hoc reports and analysis by querying appropriate database(s) using analytical tools
- Lead all dashboard designing and architecture projects for analytics
- Organize data and implement analytic data marts and business intelligence views for performance monitoring, measurement, evaluation vs. forecasts, and financial measures
- Recommend and design ongoing improvements to process to improve program performance measurement
- The implementation and support for information security directives as mandated by UPMC policy and EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the UPMC Global Technology Operations Center and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the Center.
A $21 billion health care provider and insurer, Pittsburgh-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centered, cost-effective, accountable care. The largest nongovernmental employer in Pennsylvania, UPMC integrates 89,000 employees, 40 hospitals, 700 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites, and a more than 3.7 million-member Insurance Services Division. In Ireland, UPMC delivers trusted, patient-centred care to communities and patients in the Midlands and the South East. Our hospitals—UPMC Whitfield in Waterford and UPMC Kildare in Clane — combined with our outreach facility in Carlow and a radiotherapy centre in Cork offer patients access to care in more than 25 specialities.