UPMC Whitfield is located in South –East Ireland and is part of a $19 billion world-renowned Academic health care provider and insurer, Pittsburgh-based UPMC. The largest nongovernmental employer in Pennsylvania USA, UPMC integrates 85,000 employees, 40 hospitals, 600 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites, and a 3.4 million-member Insurance Services Division. UPMC International provides hands-on health care and management services with partners around the world.
UPMC Whitfield, Waterford, has the following immediate vacancy:
- Radiology Services Manager
Reporting to the General Manager this is a full-time permanent position and presents an exciting opportunity to join of Team of Dynamic Healthcare Professionals.
The successful candidate will have;
- Relevant BSc qualification and be CORU registered
- At least 8 years satisfactory post qualification experience and at least 3 years holding a senior level post
- Experience of managing staff and resources
- Excellent communication skills along with experience in strategic planning
- Adaptability to changes in healthcare
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To undertake on a day to day basis responsibility for the Radiography service and to ensure the most efficient use of all resources match8ing resources to activity at all times.
- To sign off and ensure that operational policies and guidelines are in place, thus ensuring optimum usage of resources and to audit same on a regular basis.
- To hold responsibility for the quality of service provided including customer service and technical expertise along with future expansion of the Radiology Department
- To liaise with the General Manager, Chief Financial Officer and the relevant Radiologists in relation to the purchase/upgrade of Radiology equipment.
- To play an instrumental role in the strategic planning and development of the Radiology service of the hospital in conjunction with the General Manager, at all times in consideration of healthcare trends within Radiology.
- To keep abreast of any changes in the field of Radiography and to ensure that all staff are made aware of same in a timely manner.
- To ensure that all staff are provided with the correct training and that a culture of cross function training is always in existence within the department so that the service needs of the department are being met and exceeded.
- To undertake an active role and co-operate with any internal and external audits and evaluation of the Radiology service.
- To be pro-active in preparing the departmental budget on a yearly basis and to seek the advice of the General Manager and the Chief Financial Officer. To be an efficient user of the Radiology Information System (RIS) and the PACS system and any other systems required to fulfil the duties daily.
- To develop skills and be able to use information technology to collate and analyse data for presentation at Hospital meetings as required.
- Ensure that all standards of clinical care are adhered to and audited
- To ensure compliance with external statutory bodies in relation to radiation monitoring
Excellent remuneration package available to the successful applicant
Please send letter of application along with an up to date CV to Natalie Moore, HR Co-Ordinator, UPMC Whitfield, Cork Road, Waterford or by email to Natalie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Wednesday, 16th October 2019