Please send letter of application along with an up-to-date CV to Fiona Horan, HR Manager, UPMC Whitfield Hospital, Cork Road, Waterford or by email to email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is the Monday, 21 June 2021.
Based at: Kilkenny
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Overview of the Post
UPMC in Ireland is currently seeking to recruit an experienced payroll manager who will build a high performing payroll team to meet future business requirements and manage current payrolls for 750 employees. As a key part of the finance team, you will be accountable for a range of duties including end to end management of monthly and fortnightly payroll, engaging with employees to resolve payroll queries, uploading changes to employee data, preparing management reports & reconciliations and all related payroll duties as needed.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a prestigious company to develop and progress your career and to partner with human resources and all stakeholders to build a positive employee experience. This role will suit a motivated individual with strong service and management skills and a growth mindset. This is a full-time permanent position with an excellent remuneration package.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a team of payroll professionals in a fast-paced environment
- Manage fortnightly and monthly payroll processes using Megapay Software for 750 plus staff across 6 payrolls. Standardisation of payroll practises across the group with a focus on data efficiencies and workflow in integration of Megapay.
- Process and monitor Clockwise time and attendance system and maximise functional usage.
- Proactively identify, investigate, and resolve discrepancies in payroll records.
- Responsibility for ensuring tax queries, holidays and employee queries are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
- Key contributor to remuneration and benefits projects including administration of BIK, pension, bonuses, overtime pay increases and reporting on same.
- Ensure there are robust payroll policies and procedures documented and in place.
- Provide payroll reports for review by the CFO, Financial Controller & Director of Human Resources ahead of final payroll sign off.
- Provide a suite of reports for review by the Senior Management Team at monthly operational meetings.
- Subject matter expert on Megapay and Clockwise and delivery of industry standard best practice payroll management.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Ability to work on own initiative and meet strict deadlines in an efficient and timely manner with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Advanced level of MS Office and Excel (VLOOKUPs and Pivots).
- Strong report writing skills with the ability to present data for business and team management.
- Highly analytical with excellent attention to detail and project management disciplines.
- Capable of focusing on multiple payrolls while working towards deadlines. Proven ability to work on your own initiative & deliver on projects.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact in a confident and clear manner.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with key stakeholders and with external parties as required.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As UPMC and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the business.
A $23 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.