Please send letter of application along with an up-to-date CV to Natalie Moore, HR Business Partner, UPMC Whitfield Hospital, Cork Road, Waterford, or by email to email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Sunday, 09 May 2020.
Patient Services Advisor
Based at: UPMC Kildare Hospital, Clane
Reports To: Department Manager
Overview of the Post:
The Patient Services Team provides end to end administration support to the hospital and its functions. Patient Services manage all queries, telephone calls and correspondence (paper and electronic) for the following areas, but not limited to, Reception, Admissions, Outpatient clinics, and Medical Records, together with general administration and finance support duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reception, Switchboard and Outpatients Department
- Deliver an excellent patient experience to all our patients and stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Manage all contractor, visitor and patient pathways daily, adhering to policies and procedures and ensuring a professional service is always delivered.
- Manage car park enquires in conjunction with the Facilities Team.
- Manage call volumes and progress any queries left via voicemail in an efficient and professional manner.
General Administration and Finance Support Duties
- Liaising with medical secretaries, clinical teams, and the central administration / finance office to ensure matters are dealt with in an efficient manner.
- Manage the on-site claims forms process
- Manage local queries from patients and consultants
- Cash management for site to include admissions, car park and café.
- Assist with the management of roster input into the hospitals time and attendance system – clockwise and ensure timely updating of any relevant data on same.
- Management of reporting and inquiries to include legacy hospital systems.
- Responsibility for the smooth running and admission of all patients attending the admissions, desk daily. The Patient Services Advisors work closely with the clinical team and suites team to ensure the smooth running of the admissions function.
- Utilise iSoft and Certify to manage the admissions and cash management processes
- All patients’ details must be checked and confirmed in accordance with the international patient safety goal#1.
- All Insurance & revenue collections are completed daily.
- DNA & cancellations are actioned and communicated to all relevant departments.
To efficiently manage the distribution and filing of patients’ charts in the hospital on a daily basis through the hospital patient management system and by continuous liaison with the ward, pre-assessment nurses, centralised administration scheduling and finance teams, and consultant’s secretaries to ensure efficient chart management and distribution.
- To liaise with the General Manager and the Director of Quality & Patient Safety or any other such nominated officer when dealing with requests for medical records for all data protection requests.
- To trace medical records as they enter and leave medical records and ensure that this is done on a timely basis.
- To review booking forms and make up charts for existing patients according to department protocol; priority, physical, routine.
- To review patient medical record numbers on a regular basis to ensure that no duplication of medical record numbers takes place.
- To file all correspondence, blood, histology’s, and other test results in patient’s charts in line with department KPI’s.
- To ensure charts are filed in an effective and efficient manner in the Medical Records storage room.
- To take a pro-active role in the development of the medical records function within the Hospital.
Knowledge and Experience:
- One years’ experience in a similar role or healthcare setting
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages
- Business/Secretarial Qualification preferable
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As UPMC Kildare Hospital and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the hospital.
A $23 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.