Please send letter of application along with an up-to-date CV to Natalie Moore, HR Co-ordinator, UPMC Whitfield, Cork Road, Waterford, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Sunday, 18 October 2020.
Patient Services Advisor, UPMC Sports Medicine
Reports to: Patient Services Manager
UPMC presently provides high level sports injury management through tertiary referral sports surgery and orthopaedic clinics at UPMC in Ireland sites. To support this referral pathway, a UPMC Sports Medicine programme is being developed that will initially serve the South East region, but which will progress to a national scale through a network model. The first dedicated UPMC Sports Medicine facility for diagnosing and rehabilitation of sports-related injuries will be located onsite at the WIT Arena in Waterford.
UPMC is looking for a dynamic individual who will function in a front of house role and manage all referrals into the sports medicine clinic, scheduling of procedures, payment collection, referral management for further episodes of care, and provide administrative support to the clinicians in the clinic.
Duties and Responsibilities
Front of House
- Deliver a patient-centred excellence experience to all our patients and stakeholders internally and externally.
- Manage all contractor, visitor, and patient pathways daily, adhering to policies and procedures and ensuring a professional service is always delivered.
- Liaise with WIT Arena staff and leadership, as required, to ensure a smooth patient pathway.
- Distribution and tracking daily of key registration process for all internal stakeholders.
- Manage call volumes to switch and action all queries in an efficient and professional manner.
- Manage all voicemails on the weblog, deliver messages to relevant internal colleagues, and call back callers to confirm receipt of message and actions taken to follow up.
- Responsible for HealthLink and the health mail platform. Ensure all referrals are responded to and sent to our consultants internally. All generic referrals are followed up for clinical vetting and distributed accordingly.
- Responsible for central referral management, distribution, and registering of referrals to diagnostics team.
- Action all referrals and process efficiently.
- Organise logistics around team and athlete baseline testing, engaging with relevant clinician stakeholders to ensure a timely organized process.
- Communicate with referring sources to confirm receipt of referrals and ensure compliance with international patient safety goals of accuracy in patients’ details.
- Liaise with patients to ensure we have their most up to date demographics and, where applicable, health insurance details.
- Work closely with the UPMC diagnostics, UPMC consultants, and other UPMC and WIT functions to facilitate referrals between the UPMC Sports Medicine Clinic and UPMC Whitfield Hospital.
- Meet scheduling KPIs and ensure compliance to scheduling process in all systems – including the UPMC Sports Medicine Clinic patient management system.
- Ensure insurance verification process is adhered to and all patients are notified in advance of payments due where applicable.
- Populate and ensure comprehensive record keeping for patients on the designated UPMC Sports Medicine patient management system.
- Liaise with the patient services manager and the director of quality & patient safety when dealing with requests for medical records for all data protection requests.
- Review patient medical record numbers on a regular basis to ensure that no duplication of medical record numbers takes place.
- Upload relevant correspondence including but not limited to blood, histology, imaging results, and other test results in a patient’s record.
Knowledge and Experience
- Two years’ experience in a similar role
- Business and/or secretarial qualification
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the UPMC Whitfield Hospital and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the centre.
A $21 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.