Please send a letter of application along with an up-to-date CV to Aoife Power, HR Generalist, UPMC Whitfield Hospital, Cork Road, Waterford, or by email to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Sunday, 28 February 2021.
Network Security Engineer
Based at: UPMC Global Technology Operations Centre, Kilkenny
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and deploy: Palo Alto, Juniper, and Cisco firewalls and site-to-site VPN DDoS network admission control.
- Conduct network security operations, including firewall exception processing, password changes, tier 2 and 3 troubleshooting, and OS and firmware upgrades.
- Triage issues, assist with escalations, and only escalate to network security SMEs and management as necessary.
- Consistently meets set SLAs for incidents, firewall exceptions, and request for change (RFC).
- Deploy new firewalls and site-to-site VPN’s.
- Create new managed objects for DDoS prevention.
- Maintain electronic documentation: network diagrams processes and procedures inventory (CMDB).
- Degree level education or equivalent with relevant professional qualification.
- Knowledge of network security.
- Minimum of two years’ post-qualification experience.
- Understanding of TCP/IP Network & Application Layer Firewall technologies.
- Ability to manage complex firewall policies, prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the UPMC Global Technology Operations Centre and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the centre.
A $21 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.