Please send letter of application along with an up-to-date CV to Natalie Moore, HR Coordinator, UPMC Whitfield Hospital, Cork Road, Waterford, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Wednesday, 19 August 2020.
Marketing and Communications Specialist
UPMC in Ireland
The Marketing and Communications Specialist will work with the U.S.-based UPMC International Marketing team and UPMC in Ireland leadership to increase awareness of UPMC as a leading health care provider and promote clinical services to advance business objectives. The position will provide in-country marketing support by working in tandem with the UPMC International Marketing group to develop and implement marketing communications tactical plans, and leverage community and sports activations that meet strategic marketing objectives.
This position can be based in any of UPMC’s Ireland locations (Cork, Waterford, Kilkenny, and Clane) and will require short duration travel between all locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, health sciences, or a related field.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a marketing and communications position or related field.
- Experience in a health care or pharmaceutical environment preferred.
- Excellent communications, writing, grammar, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in research and interviewing, and knowledge of traditional and digital marketing best practices.
- Strong ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to proactively thrive and quickly adapt within a multi-cultural, dynamic, and matrixed environment.
- Knowledge and previous experience in advanced Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint), CRM tools, and sports sponsorship and activation a plus.
The ideal candidate would have experience with the following:
- Digital Marketing and Social Media: Assist in the development and management of a robust social media content calendar that meets strategic marketing objectives and resonates with target markets; collaborate with digital team to generate and execute digital marketing campaigns that are culturally relevant to meet business objectives.
- External Communications: Develop messaging and creative content for presentations, proposals, newsletters, promotional materials, and advertisements.
- Market Research: Proactively research assigned geographies to gather market insights and competitive intelligence through industry reports, desktop analysis, and external agencies; participate in market assessments and due diligence activities, as assigned.
- Marketing Campaigns: Assist International Marketing team with development and implementation of measurable marketing plans that could include any of the following activities: external events, partner co-marketing, advertising, website development, promotional efforts.
- Project Management: Collaborate with internal and external vendors and track status of key projects (e.g. content development, graphic design, printing, translations).
- Experience in capturing and editing video and still photography.
- Strong understanding of corporate branding and graphic design.
- Manage the development and production of marketing communications projects for UPMC programs, including print collateral, videos, digital content and social media, and community outreach and sports activation initiatives.
- Support the implementation of UPMC’s overall sponsorship strategy, including implementing sponsorship activation programs, identify new opportunities to maximize existing sponsorships, and identify new partnership opportunities
- Independently plan, research, and write copy that is creative, well organized, concise, stylistically appropriate to the audience and purpose, and conforming to UPMC style rules.
- Coordinate, review, and proofread the work of contributing support and vendor services. Take responsibility for approvals and accuracy of information communicated and produced.
- Identify KPIs and measurement tools for all tactics and coordinate reporting on tactics and campaigns with UPMC Marketing.
- Monitor project expenses as requested and manage distribution and delivery of projects. Complete projects on time and within budget.
- Oversee graphic design and production process (including printing) so that projects are error-free and appropriate for the audience and message. Implement brand standards across all marketing projects.
- Serve as local marketing communications liaison to management and medical staff of clinical and nonclinical programs, and UPMC departments and committees as needed.
- Work closely with UPMC Marketing leadership to help develop marketing strategies and plans for clinical marketing tactics to grow volume, raise brand awareness, and more.
- Demonstrate service-oriented behavior in interactions with clients and co-workers.
- Support the expansion and enhancement of CRM tools.
- Work with UPMC Public Relations team as needed.
- Performs in accordance with system-wide competencies and behaviors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the needs of UPMC and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the centre.
A $21 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, UPMC Outreach Centre in Carlow, and UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield Hospital and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.