Applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above position is by way of letter of application and curriculum vitae to Ms. Aoife Power, HR Generalist – email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday 15 May 2020.
IT Support Analyst
The IT Support Analyst will provide front-line primary technical support to end users on various technical issues and problems. They will also be responsible for responding to, documenting and resolving service tickets in a timely manner.
- 1-2 years relevant 1st line/technical support experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft systems, particularly Win7/Win10, MS office
- Experience of working in a customer facing IT role along with an excellent telephone manner
- Strong interpersonal, organisation and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced work environment.Good understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
- Experience in a healthcare setting along with Microsoft certification and ITIL Foundations would be a distinct advantage
- Log and track all calls to the IT Helpdesk on the Hospital call logging system
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues where possible
- User administration (new user accounts / password resets)
- In-house applications administration, support and troubleshooting.Liaise with third party vendors around support issues
- Monitor daily backup logs and escalate issues
- Escalate technical issues to Level2 /Level3 / or vendor support where needed
- Printer troubleshooting and escalation to managed printer supplie.
- Assist with IT project work where required
- Basic Network troubleshooting
- Anti-Virus monitoring and support
- Take ownership of ongoing technical issues
- On-Call Rotation as required
- The implementation and support for information security directives as mandated by UPMC policy and EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the UPMC Global Technology Operations Center and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the Center.
A $21 billion health care provider and insurer, Pittsburgh-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centered, cost-effective, accountable care. The largest nongovernmental employer in Pennsylvania, UPMC integrates 89,000 employees, 40 hospitals, 700 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites, and a more than 3.7 million-member Insurance Services Division. In Ireland, UPMC delivers trusted, patient-centred care to communities and patients in the Midlands and the South East. Our hospitals—UPMC Whitfield in Waterford and UPMC Kildare in Clane — combined with our outreach facility in Carlow and a radiotherapy centre in Cork offer patients access to care in more than 25 specialities.