Applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above position is by way of a letter of application and curriculum vitae to Fiona Horan, HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Sunday, 3 October 2021.
IT Support Analyst
Based at: UPMC in Ireland
(Full drivers’ licence required in order to work across all facilities)
The IT Support Analyst will provide front-line primary technical support to end users on various technical issues and problems. They will also be responsible for responding to, documenting and resolving service tickets in a timely manner.
- The implementation and support for information security directives as mandated by UPMC policy and EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- Log and track all calls to the IT Helpdesk on the hospital call logging system
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues where possible
- User administration (new user accounts / password resets)
- In-house applications administration, support and troubleshooting
- Liaise with third party vendors around support issues
- Monitor daily backup logs and escalate issues
- Escalate technical issues to Level 2/Level 3/or vendor support where needed
- Printer troubleshooting and escalation to managed printer supplier
- Assist with IT project work where required
- Basic network troubleshooting
- Anti-Virus monitoring and support
- Take ownership of ongoing technical issues
- On-call rotation as required
Educational and Knowledge Requirements
- 1-2 years relevant 1st line/technical support experience.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft systems, particularly Win7/Win10, MS office.
- Experience of working in a customer facing IT role along with an excellent telephone manner.
- Strong interpersonal, organization and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced work environment.
- Good understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration.
- Experience in a healthcare setting along with Microsoft certification and ITIL Foundations would be a distinct advantage.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the UPMC Ireland and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the organisation.
A $23 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane and UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny. Outpatient care is available at the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, the UPMC Sports Medicine Clinic at WIT Arena and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.