Please send letter of application along with an up-to-date CV to Natalie Moore, HR Business Partner, UPMC Whitfield Hospital, Cork Road, Waterford or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Thursday, 30 September 2021.
Infection Prevention and Control Nurse
Based at: UPMC Whitfield Hospital
We are looking for an Infection Prevention and Control nurse to join our expanding team on a full-time permanent basis. As the Infection Prevention and Control nurse you will play a pivotal role in maintaining the very high standards of Infection Prevention and Control that we offer to our patients and staff within UPMC Whitfield Hospital.
- Play a key role in the education and implementation of the Infection Prevention and Control Programme at UPMC Whitfield Hospital.
- Provide and maintain a comprehensive, efficient, and effective infection prevention and control service for patients and staff.
- Provide support and education to infection and prevention control link nurses.
- Be familiar with JCI Standards and Accreditation.
- Have experience with IPC audits and dashboards, preparing and delivering monthly reports to the senior nursing management team.
- Work as a key member of the Infection Prevention and Control team providing specialist infection control advice to all healthcare staff in the organisation.
- Liaise with the IPC practitioners across all UPMC in Ireland sites to ensure standardisation and effective communication across the sites.
- Be able to work autonomously or as part of a team.
- Lead the Infection and Prevention Control Committee.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively with both clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Evidence of commitment to ongoing professional development, training, and research
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland
- A minimum of 5 years practical experience, two of which must be in Infection Prevention and Control practices.
- Post Graduate Qualification or equivalent, in Infection Prevention and Control Nursing preferable.
- Must be willing to undertake further education as necessary.
- Clean full drivers’ licence
Excellent remuneration package available to the successful applicant.
The job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As UPMC Whitfield Hospital and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the hospital.
A $23 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.