IMPORTANT COVID 19 INFORMATION
Last updated 17 July 2020, 5:19 p.m.
Information for Patients and Visitors Attending UPMC Hospitals:
Our UPMC Hospitals in Ireland are supporting the HSE during this Covid-19 crisis.
If you are a patient or a consultant operating out of one of our hospitals and you have a concern, please contact your consultants office directly or through the hospital on 051 337400 (Whitfield) or 045 982300 (Kildare).
If you are due to attend a UPMC Hospital, please consider the following:
- In the past 14 days, have you been tested and/or treated for COVID -19?
- In the past 14 days, have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 and been advised to self-isolate?
- Do you currently have a new onset of respiratory symptoms, persistent cough or shortness of breath, and/or a fever? https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/symptoms.html
We operate with your safety in mind. Our cleaning team cleans and sanitizes all high-touch items in public areas at least daily. With the onset of COVID-19, these regular cleanings are increased in our facilities.
For your safety we have implemented a number of precautionary measures in response to the Covid-19 crisis:
- Visiting restrictions are in place:
- Inpatient visiting is prohibited.
- Outpatients should only be accompanied when strictly necessary.
- All patients on entry to the hospital will be required to:
- Perform hand hygiene.
- Have their thermal body temperature checked.
- Social distancing measures are in place throughout the hospital
- Restaurant is open for take away service only.
- On the day of your appointment you should attend no earlier than your appointed time.
We are committed to your safety. Thank you for your cooperation.