Applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above position is by way of a letter of application and curriculum vitae to Ms. Natalie Moore, HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Sunday, 31 January 2021.
UPMC in Ireland
Based at: UPMC Whitfield Hospital, Waterford
39 Hours per Week
The UPMC in Ireland human resources department holds strategic and operational accountability and responsibility for the delivery of a large range of HR functions across the UPMC in Ireland locations (six in total). The core objective is to deliver these services efficiently and to a high standard thus allowing frontline services to focus on patient care delivery.
The UPMC values of QUALITY & SAFETY | DIGNITY & RESPECT | CARING & LISTENING | RESPONSIBILITY & INTEGRITY | EXCELLENCE & INNOVATION underpin our culture.
A new full-time permanent role has been created which will be based primarily at UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford. This new role will further develop and enhance the culture, mission, and values programmes of UPMC in Ireland.
While this new role will be based at UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, travel to other locations will also be required.
- Ensuring the efficient day-to-day management of the key HR functions.
- Create and maintain a positive working environment among staff members, which contributes to maintaining and enhancing effective working relationships.
- Lead efforts associated with the execution of strategic and operational HR plans and initiatives.
- Drive strategic HR Projects such as staff engagement, talent management, succession planning, training and development, career pathways, and absence management.
- Develop a deep understanding of the operational and strategic challenges and support the delivery of strategic objectives from an HR perspective.
- Develop and deliver on the organisation’s engagement and competency model.
- Develop and deliver culture and values initiatives that are aligned to UPMC’s core mission, vision, and values.
- Along with the HRD, manage industrial and employee relations issues at a strategic level.
- Direct, manage, and support the HR business partners in relation to IR/ER, ensuring best practice, procedural compliance, and timely resolution of issues.
- Five years of experience at a senior HR level in a similar position is essential.
- Degree or 3rd level qualification (i.e. business or human resources).
- CIPD membership is desirable.
- Have an excellent and up to date knowledge of employment law.
- Hospital experience along with a knowledge of relevant hospital accreditation processes would be an advantage.
- Should be enthusiastic, be a self-starter, and willing to learn new skills.
- Professional manner in all interactions and confident in dealing with stakeholders at all levels along with high standards of customer service; always maintaining high levels of confidentiality.
- Strong organisational, time management, and administration skills, with proven ability to work to set deadlines and ability to prioritise tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible, with a proven ability to work in a busy and changeable environment.
- Proven track record in effective change management.
- Excellent knowledge of HRIS systems.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As UPMC in Ireland and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the organisation.
A $21 billion health care provider and insurer, Pittsburgh-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. The largest nongovernmental employer in Pennsylvania, UPMC integrates 89,000 employees, 40 hospitals, 700 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites, and a more than 3.7 million-member Insurance Services Division. In Ireland, UPMC delivers trusted, patient-centred care to communities and patients in the Midlands and the South East. Our hospitals—UPMC Whitfield in Waterford and UPMC Kildare in Clane — combined with our outreach facility in Carlow and a radiotherapy centre in Cork offer patients access to care in more than 25 specialities.