Applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above position is by way of a letter of application and curriculum vitae to Ms. Natalie Moore, HR Department at email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Sunday, 14 February 2021.
HR Business Partner
UPMC in Ireland
Based at: UPMC Kildare Hospital, Clane
39 Hours per Week
The successful candidate will partner closely with the UPMC Kildare Hospital leadership team and be part of a highly motivated and dynamic UPMC in Ireland HR team.
As part of our UPMC in Ireland HR Team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career in a true business partner role.
The HR Business Partner will be accountable for providing best in class HR business partner guidance to the leadership team in UPMC Kildare Hospital and will help drive a high-performance culture within the hospital. The successful candidate will actively provide partnership, guidance and expertise to the department managers and team leaders and have a strong commercial perspective to understand the business needs.
The HR business partner will provide HR support focused on a variety of areas that enable the delivery of business goals such as:
- Staff engagement and culture
- Engagement and competency management
- Talent management and development
- Recruitment and retention
- Compensation and benefits
- Organisational design
Primary Activities and Responsibilities
- Work with business leaders to champion a high-performance culture and to create an environment of trust, dignity, and respect where values and behaviours are aligned to UPMC values and behaviours
- Coach leaders to have a strong relationship with each member of their team.
- Advise, coach, and listen to people managers to develop a business owner mindset through the best use of the hospital’s people and talent.
- Ensure that HR processes are applied and adhered to consistently and fairly.
- Initiate interventions and proactively identify issues to resolve them in a timely fashion.
- Work closely with the UPMC in Ireland HR team to establish a consistent approach to engagement and competency and reward and recognition.
- Proactively work with the UPMC in Ireland payroll manager to ensure a transparent and consistent approach to time and attendance and accurate payroll information.
- Provide key and accurate analytical data to leaders that supports and advises the business.
Experience and Education
In order to excel in this role, you will more than likely have:
- Five or more years of previous relevant experience in a strategic HRBP role, directly guiding and influencing management teams.
- Strong knowledge of Irish employment law framework.
- Effective at coaching and managing multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to project manage multiple projects and initiatives through to successful delivery.
- Degree or third level qualification in business, human resources, or similar.
- Desirable CIPD qualification.
- Desirable evidence of continuous professional development.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As UPMC in Ireland and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the organisation.
A $21 billion health care provider and insurer, Pittsburgh-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. The largest nongovernmental employer in Pennsylvania, UPMC integrates 89,000 employees, 40 hospitals, 700 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites, and a more than 3.7 million-member Insurance Services Division. In Ireland, UPMC delivers trusted, patient-centred care to communities and patients in the Midlands and the South East. Our hospitals—UPMC Whitfield in Waterford and UPMC Kildare in Clane — combined with our outreach facility in Carlow and a radiotherapy centre in Cork offer patients access to care in more than 25 specialities.