Please send letter of application along with an up-to-date CV to Fiona Horan, UPMC Whitfield Hospital, Cork Road, Waterford or by email to email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Wednesday, 23 June 2021.
Based at: UPMC, Waterford
Reports To: HR Manager
Overview of the Post
UPMC Ireland is currently seeking to recruit an experienced HR administrator who will provide HR administration services to the HR department ensuring the smooth running of the department in an organised and efficient manner.
As a valued member of the HR team, you will be accountable for a range of duties which will help to enhance the employee experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a prestigious company to develop and progress your career and to partner with Human Resources and all stakeholders to build a positive employee experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage internal and external recruitment processes across the hospital, from advertising, referencing, verification of credentials from the relevant governing body to tracking of contractual offer and acceptance.
- Reply to unsuccessful and ad hoc applications received.
- Preparing contracts and offer packs for new starters, to include Garda Vetting and all background checks
- File management incorporating the tracking and management of documentation and probationary management.
Induction and Training
- Scheduling Induction and onboarding programmes for all new starters including merchandise
- Compiling Induction Packs
- Maintaining Training database
- Provide comprehensive HR support to the HR team daily.
- Employee administration including maintenance of personnel files.
- Ad hoc HR tasks/projects as and when required
Record Keeping and File Management
- All filing
- Keep accurate records in relation to Maternity/Parental Leave process.
- Keep accurate records of employee Professional Body registration.
- Tracking and recording changes for promotions/lateral moves/change of status for all staff and updating in MegaHR
- Keep Clockwise system up to date for time record keeping and leave administration
- Co-ordination of all training records within the hospital to ensure mandatory training is up to date and recorded in each employee personnel file.
- Assist in data consolidation for hospital audits and accreditation
Engagement & Competency tracking
- Monitor/track reminders of all 30/60/90-day reviews and probationary reviews with the assistance of the HR team.
Policies & Procedures
- Update policies and procedures in consultation with HR team.
Relevant third level standard with previous experience (3-5 years) in an administration position ideally in a HR environment
- Proficient in IT systems, in particular MS Word, Outlook & PowerPoint with the ability to present data in a visual and creative way
- Ability to work on own initiative and meet strict deadlines in an efficient and timely manner with a focus on continuous improvement
- Excellent organisational skills with a growth mindset
- Possess the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality in all aspects of the role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills together with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of working independently with limited supervision
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact in a confident and clear manner
- Ability to establish effective relationships with employees and with external parties as required
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As UPMC and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review considering the changing needs of the business.
A $23 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.