Health & Safety
Health and Safety
UPMC Whitfield is accredited by CHKS, an international accreditation body. By achieving and maintaining quality standards, we adhere to the highest standards of patient safety at all times. The following Accreditation and certification standards have been achieved:
- CHKS Hospital Accreditation
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 18404:2015
Infection Prevention & Control:
The Hospital follows best practice guidelines in order to reduce the risk of infection. Please ensure that during your stay you carry out the following steps to further reduce infection risks:
- Hand hygiene is the most effective way to prevent the spread of germs and infections. We ask that everybody entering the hospital decontaminate their hands by using the hand rub provided. Hand washing is the most effective way to prevent the spread of germs. It is especially important to wash your hands after using the toilet or before touching any wound/operation site. Alcohol gel for hand decontamination is provided throughout the hospital.
- Depending on your planned procedure you may be asked to shower/bath with a disinfectant soap to reduce the risk of infection. We also require that patient shower/bath at least on the morning of surgery.
- Ask friends and family who have colds, stomach bugs or other infections not to visit.
- Visitors should avoid sitting on the patient’s bed. If additional chairs are needed please ask a member of staff.
- We request that visitors refrain from touching any medical equipment, e.g. monitors, drips etc. Please ask for assistance from a member of staff.
- Flowers are not permitted in the hospital.