Please send letter of application along with an up-to-date CV to Natalie Moore, HR Co-Ordinator, UPMC Whitfield, Cork Road, Waterford, or by email to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Thursday, 6 August 2020.
Head of Accounting and Control
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
The head of accounting and control will report to CFO, UPMC in Ireland, and will work in close cooperation with the hospital financial controllers. They will be accountable for the efficient running of the accounting and transactional finance processing for UPMC in Ireland operations.
UPMC in Ireland is in the process of creating a centralised finance function. This leadership role will need to embed a professional, continuous improvement culture where accountability, team spirit, process-excellence, and customer-focus become the norm.
- Responsibility for the efficient, accurate, and timely processing, recording, and accounting of all financial transactions, including the production of routine month-end reports and local statutory accounts ensuring compliance with applicable accounting, tax, legislative, and other regulatory standards.
- Oversight and management of accounts payable, accounts receivable, treasury, taxation, and payroll teams, ensuring quality input and efficient processing by working with business colleagues.
- Ensure all policies and processes adhere to the UPMC International standards, embed a strong financial control environment, apply a risk-based approach, and support all external audit requirements.
- Maintain process documentation, metrics, and KPIs that drive a continuous improvement culture and accountability to stakeholders.
- Lead, develop, and inspire a high quality finance team and hold regular meetings with key stakeholders to review performance and priorities.
- Ability to connect external and internal customer requirements to the objectives and performance of the finance team.
- Ability to manage a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills, able to galvanise large teams and embed support for a centralised shed services model.
- Able to connect strategic business objectives to operational targets that are monitored through a robust set of KPIs and process standards.
- Experience of managing demand and resourcing levels within large teams and is appropriately resourced to meet the strategic needs of the business.
- In-depth understanding of best practice processes and continuous improvement.
- Skilled at fostering partnerships and good working relationships with stakeholders and internal customers.
- Qualified accountant (ACA; ACCA; ACMA) with a minimum five years experience in similar role.
- Essential skills: Leading large teams, process excellence, continuous improvement, project and programme experience.
- Skilled at leading, developing, coaching, and performance managing large teams
- Ability to plan and develop for succession into key manager roles.
- High levels of emotional intelligence and an ability to create a positive, achieving, and rewarding working environment.
- Sets an example with high levels of personal integrity, always “doing the right thing.”
Revenue and Finance Focus
- Operates with a strong sense of financial stewardship and embeds a culture of cost-consciousness,
- Actively seeks to deliver a better level of service through continuous improvement.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As UPMC and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the Centre.
A $21 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.