Please send a letter of application along with an up-to-date CV to Natalie Moore, HR Coordinator, UPMC Whitfield Hospital, Cork Road, Waterford, or by email to email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Sunday, 21 February 2021.
Facilities Technician – Mechanical
Based at: UPMC Whitfield Hospital, Waterford
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Support the facilities and utilities team. Reporting to the facilities manager, the role will involve day to day maintenance of the site facilities and utilities systems and plant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To complete and comply with keeping the helpdesk jobs and PPM tasks up-to-date to ensure that the reporting systems and monitoring responsibilities are maintained throughout.
- Contribute as a facilities maintenance technician in the hospital-wide facilities team, including the projects team.
- Participate and contribute to site energy (gas, electricity, and water) to ensure continuous improvement in energy use and reduction through continuous improvement.
- Support the facilities manager with the promotion of energy awareness and the ISO 50,001 energy management system.
- Support the facilities manager, projects team, and bio-medical engineers with managing the on-site sub-contractors and any other specialist visiting engineers to the site as may be required, in such a way to achieve the highest level of service to the hospital’s occupants in the most cost-efficient and technically competent manner.
- Assist with ensuring all new assets are added to the helpdesk and asset database system and PPM schedules are set up as per facilities manager and/or bio-medical engineers guidelines.
- Support the facilities manager and biomedical engineer with correct materials and stock levels for preventative and reactive work in accordance with the facilities and bio-medical budget guidelines.
- To support the facilities and bio-medical team with the operation and maintenance of the building services installed, within the broad range of their technical disciplines, in total compliance with the job specification and in accordance with PPM schedules and task sheets provided by the helpdesk and asset database PPM system.
- Support the facilities manager, projects team & bio-medical engineer with managing all tasks undertaken in accordance with the UPMC Whitfield Hospital quality, health, and safety facilities policies and procedures and in accordance with the appointed accreditation body.
- To assist the facilities manager and facilities administrator with conducting scheduled audits on the performance of the sub-contractors to ensure their performance continues to provide the best value-for-money and quality service.
- Supporting the facilities manager with promoting a health and safety environment and culture throughout the designated facilities and utilities plant rooms.
- Contributor to the site utility operations maintenance planning and energy management.
- Qualified mechanical, electrical or maintenance technician (Level 6 HETAC).
- At least three years post-qualification in a facilities maintenance role in a regulated pharmaceutical, healthcare, or food and beverage industry. Healthcare experience is preferable.
- Asset care maintenance services, maintenance standards, cost savings, and minor works projects.
- Strong understanding of maintenance, reliability, safety, quality, and regulatory.
- “See it – own it – do it” attitude, self-motivated individual.
- Full driver’s licence (B)
- Manual handling certified is an advantage.
- MEWP certified is an advantage.
- First aid and basic life support certified is an advantage.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As UPMC Whitfield Hospital and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the hospital.
Excellent remuneration package available to the successful applicant.
A $21 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.