Please send letter of application along with an up-to-date CV to Fiona Horan, HR Manager, UPMC Whitfield Hospital, Cork Road, Waterford or by email to email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Sunday, 25 July 2021.
Compensation & Benefits Director, UPMC International
Based at: UPMC in Ireland
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Human Resources VP UPMC International
The Director of Compensation & Benefits will be the leader of the UPMC International Total Rewards Center of Excellence and will report to the VP of HR for UPMC International.
The successful candidate will work closely with the US C&B team and the UPMC International HR teams based in the US, Italy, Ireland, and China and will be responsible for the implementation and management of a solid compensation & benefit structure, serving as a strong business partner to internal clients to ensure that the C&B investment offerings, programme/plan design, oversight and governance of each programme/plan, meets UPMC objectives and strategies.
Placement in the Org Chart
(Hierarchical/matrix links with other positions)
- The Director of Compensation & Benefits will report to the VP of HR for UPMC International and, work closely with the US C&B team and the UPMC International HR teams based in the US, Italy, Ireland, and China.
Planning and Budgeting
- In agreement with the HR Director, identifies and recommends strategic goals for the development and management of human resources with a focus on Total Rewards, ensuring their implementation.
- Initiate and implement business unit policies and practices.
- Participates to the budgeting process as required. Optimizes available resources based on objectives and availability.
Compensation & Benefits
- Support and execute the implementation and communication strategy of local benefit plans.
- Act as the center of expertise for internal clients regarding UPMC C&B programs and practices.
- Support the implementation of required changes to local market programs that align with UPMC strategy.
- Ensures that local benefit plans meet legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that benefit plan governance materials are fully developed for in-country purposes to ensure effective oversight.
- Manage relationships with local market C&B vendors.
- Support employer branding activities.
- Support the creation, implementation and execution of country-specific employee compensation, incentive and recognition strategy and programs.
- Continuously work to improve and streamline regional compensation infrastructure and processes.
- Provide C&B-related communication and education to diverse audiences.
- Support the regional annual salary review process, including merit budgets, incentive, and equity allocations.
- Assist HR Business Partners, Managers, and employees with compensation needs.
- Ensure that Market compensation programs meet the local legal and compliance requirements.
- Maintain awareness of practices among competitors and of regulatory and business trends in compensation.
- Support all necessary regional audits.
- Prepares and analyses reports and metrics to provide sound recommendations.
- Maintains ownership of HR data reporting and analytics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Human Resources or Accounting.
Experience/technical skills/knowledge requirements:
- Accounting, economics and regulatory know how
- Understanding of the components of a global/market compensation program as well as the ability to design and implement innovations within a collaborative environment
- Proven use of Project Management principles and discipline
- 5 years human resources experience preferably in multinational environment
- Previous experience in American multinational companies
- Compensation and Benefit strategy, design and consultation across the EU and Asian markets
Personal and relational skills:
- Established relationship building skills
- Strong problem solving
- Highly developed reasoning skills
- Leadership skills
- Attention to details
- Analytical capabilities
- Availability to flexible working hours
This job description should not be interpreted as detailed listing of all tasks requested but only as a generic description of the position. The above description may be integrated and/or modified according to the special requirements of the service or following the directions of the service director.
A $23 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.