Please send letter of application along with an up-to-date CV to Evelyn Murphy, HR Manager by email to email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Wednesday, 15 December 2021.
Compensation & Benefits Director, UPMC International
Based at: UPMC in Ireland
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Human Resources VP UPMC International
The director of compensation & benefits (C&B) will lead UPMC International’s Total Rewards Center of Excellence and will report to the VP of HR for UPMC International. Working collaboratively with the US C&B team, and the UPMC International HR teams based in the US, Italy, Ireland and China, you will be responsible for implementing and managing the compensation & benefit structure, serve as a strong business partner to internal clients, ensuring that the C&B investment offerings, program/plan design, oversight and governance of each program/plan meets UPMC objectives and strategies.
- Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Human Resources or Accounting.
Experience/Technical skills/Knowledge Requirements:
- Extensive experience in developing competitive total rewards programs for multinational companies
- Deep Understanding of global/market compensation program components
- Experience designing and implementing C&B innovations within a collaborative environment
- Strong data analysis skills with the ability to persuade and influence using data to tell the story
- 5 years human resources experience, preferably in multinational environment
- Experience working with American multinational companies
- Compensation and Benefit strategy, design and consultation across the EU and Asian markets
Personal and relational skills:
- Established relationship building skills
- Strong problem solving
- Highly developed reasoning skills
- Proven Leadership skills
- Demonstrated confidentiality
- Sound attention to details
- Displayed analytical capabilities
- Evidence of self-starter and initiation skills
- Examples of collaborative teamwork
- Availability for flexible working hours
Planning and Budgeting:
- In conjunction with the VP of HR, in-country operational leaders and HR Directors, identifies and recommends strategic goals for the development and management of human resources with a focus on Total Rewards, ensuring their implementation.
- Initiates and implements business unit policies and practices.
- Participates in the budgeting process as required. Optimizes available resources based on objectives and availability.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Lead the creation, implementation and execution of country-specific employee compensation, incentive and recognition strategy and programs.
- Supports the implementation of required changes to local market programs that align with UPMC strategy.
- Supports and executes the implementation and communication strategy of local benefit plans.
- Support efforts to digitize HR compensation data and build reports based on business needs.
- Acts as the center of expertise for internal clients regarding UPMC C&B programs and practices.
- Continuously works to improve and streamline regional compensation infrastructure and processes.
- Provides C&B-related communication and education to diverse audiences.
- Supports the regional annual salary review process, including merit budgets, incentive and equity allocations.
- Assists HR Business Partners, Managers and employees with compensation needs.
- Maintains awareness of practices among competitors and of regulatory and business trends in compensation.
- Ensures that market compensation programs and benefit plans meet local legislative, compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that benefit plan governance materials are fully developed for in-country purposes to ensure effective oversight.
- Manages relationships with local market C&B vendors.
- Supports employer branding activities.
- Supports all necessary regional audits.
- Prepares and analyzes reports and metrics to provide sound recommendations.
- Maintains ownership of HR data reporting and analytics.
- Fulfills other duties as assigned.
This job description should not be interpreted as detailed listing of all tasks requested but only as a generic description of the position. The above description may be integrated and/or modified according to the special requirements of the service or following the directions of the service director.
A $23 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.