Please send letter of application along with an up-to-date CV to Natalie Moore, HR Business Partner, UPMC Whitfield Hospital, Cork Road, Waterford or by email to email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Sunday, 15 August 2021.
Clinical Nurse Specialist – Urology
Based at: UPMC Whitfield Hospital
Reports to: Director of Nursing
We are looking for a urology clinical nurse specialist to join our expanding team on a full-time permanent basis. As the urology clinical nurse specialist, you will work within the multidisciplinary team, and will provide a proactive, comprehensive, and coordinated service to all patients with urological conditions, providing exceptional patient care in an environment where quality, respect, caring, and compassion are at the centre of all you do.
The post holder will use clinical expertise, leadership and management skills and will be responsible for participating in the provision of specialist nursing service to patients with urological conditions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Registered in the general division of the live register with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland
- A minimum of 5 years post registration experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working in an environment caring for urology patients.
- Post Graduate Course in Clinical practice, with focus on urology.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate knowledge of new developments in specialised area.
- Demonstrate knowledge of national strategies where appropriate in urological nursing care.
- Evidence of commitment to ongoing professional development, training, and research.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Flexibility and excellent use of initiative.
- Demonstrates a focus on quality care and infection control.
- Ensure a high standard of safe clinical care and record keeping in accordance with Nursing and Midwifery Council of Ireland, national legislation, and local standards.
- Enhance patient’s experience.
- Ensure effective contribution to the delivery of the organisation’s objectives.
- Efficient and effective use of resources.
- Create a culture of compassion, safety, and quality.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of evidence-based protocols, standards, policies, and clinical guidelines within own work area.
- Ensure a culture of continuous quality improvement using audit, patient feedback and reflection on practice by self and other members of the team.
- Participate in JCI (joint commission international) accreditation.
- Ensure patients’ needs are identified and nursing actions are planned, implemented, evaluated, and documented accurately.
- Ensure an efficient flow of patients by prioritising appointments according to clinical needs
- Participate in JCI (joint commission international) accreditation
- Independently perform urological examinations such as urodynamics, uroflowmetry, and ISC. Provide clinical care and education for the patients undergoing these procedures.
- Work closely with the urology consultants to provide care to their patients.
- Develop the urology services across the organisation and across all UPMC sites.
- Manage clinical staff reporting to the CNS.
Excellent remuneration package available to the successful applicant.
The job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As UPMC in Ireland and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the organisation.
A $23 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.