Please send letter of application along with an up-to-date CV to Natalie Moore, HR Business Partner, UPMC Whitfield Hospital, Cork Road, Waterford or by email to email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Sunday, 4 July 2021.
Clinical Nurse Specialist – Infection Prevention and Control
Based at: UPMC Whitfield Hospital
Reports to: Director of Nursing
We are looking for a clinical nurse specialist, Infection Prevention and Control to join our expanding team on a full-time permanent basis. As the clinical nurse specialist, Infection Prevention and Control, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining the very high standards of Infection Prevention and Control that we offer to our patients and staff within UPMC Whitfield Hospital.
Qualifications and Experience
- Registered nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland
- A minimum of 5 years practical experience, three of which are in Infection Prevention and Control
- Post graduate qualification in Infection Prevention and Control nursing
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively with both clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Evidence of commitment to ongoing professional development, training, and research
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Will play a key role in the education and implementation of the Infection Prevention and Control Programme at UPMC Whitfield Hospital.
- Provide and maintain a comprehensive, efficient, and effective infection prevention and control service for patients and staff.
- Be familiar with JCI standards and accreditation.
- Will work as a key member of the Infection Prevention and Control team providing specialist infection control advice to all healthcare staff in the organisation.
- Liaise with the IPC practitioners across all UPMC Ireland sites to ensure standardisation and effective communication across the sites.
- Must be able to work autonomously or as part of a team.
Excellent remuneration package available to the successful applicant. A more complete job description is available upon request to Natalie Moore, HR Department, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As UPMC in Ireland and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the organisation.
A $23 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.