Please send a letter of application along with an up-to-date CV to Evelyn Murphy, HR manager, Aut Even Hospital, Freshford Road, Kilkenny, or by email to email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday, 26 February 2021.
Clinical Nurse Manager II – Surgical Ward
Based at: UPMC Aut Even Hospital, Kilkenny
Participates in the on call nurse management rota
The post of Clinical Nurse Manager (CNM) II has a pivotal role in service planning, coordinating, and managing activity and resources within the clinical area. The main responsibilities are:
- Quality assurance.
- Resource management.
- Staffing and staff development.
- Practice development.
- Facilitating communication.
- Professional and clinical leadership.
Qualifications and Requirements
Each candidate must:
- Be registered, or eligible for registration in the general division of the live register of nurses kept by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI).
- Be a minimum of five years qualified and have two years of previous experience within a surgical setting.
- Previous management experience or experience “acting up” in a similar role is essential.
- Have completed a management course or commit to undertake same.
- Display evidence of continuing professional development.
- Demonstrate an awareness of HR policies and procedures and in-depth knowledge of professional and clinical guidelines in relation to nursing practice, clinical practice, and evidence-based decision making.
- Have experience in change management.
- Demonstrate experience of leading a continuous improvement programme within a surgical setting. Previous experience using lean tools and methodology would be advantageous.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the needs of UPMC Aut Even Hospital and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the hospital.
Aut Even Hospital is an equal opportunities employer.
A $21 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.