Under the general direction of the UPMC International CIO and Vice President of IT, the UPMC Senior Vice President Global Infrastructure, and the UPMC Ireland Country Manager, this position assumes responsibility for planning, directing, coordinating, and managing all Information Services for UPMC Ireland, as well as UPMC’s International Technology Operations Center, serving UPMC’s global facilities and interests. Coordinates and assists in conjunction with UPMC corporate information service areas (Corporate and other Business Unit IS leaders) in efforts to deliver solutions/services to meet the needs of UPMC’s international facilities and interests. Participates in business planning processes, bringing current business unit knowledge and future vision of information technology as it relates to the applicable UPMC clinical and business requirements. In addition, ensures the delivery of high-quality services, monitors service levels, and manages applicable UPMC Business Unit information services operations. Oversees fiscal responsibility for applicable UPMC Business Unit Information Services.
Educational and Knowledge Requirements
Bachelor’s degrees or higher in Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, or related area required. Master’s degrees preferred, particularly in Business, Healthcare, or a technology related discipline. Ten years of executive level experience managing information systems strategy and operations for an organization that delivers products or services direct to consumers, preferably in healthcare or a multinational organization. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience delivering presentations, sales pitches, or proposals to senior executives and large groups. Leadership experience managing a team of 10 or more highly-technical staff in the areas of technology infrastructure, cybersecurity, EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), software/database development, applications support, helpdesk, and reporting / analytics, preferably in healthcare systems. Demonstrated successful experience managing technology operating budgets in excess of €2M per annum, including cost containment initiatives, and effective governance and resource allocation practices. Experience with technology purchasing, including cost benefit analysis, performance-based contracting, and negotiating service level agreements is required. Experience managing technology vendors, cultivating positive commercial relationships, and developing partnerships to drive innovation is highly desirable. Prior experience in leading hospital information system programs; including experience with electronic medical records, RIS/PACS, LIS, Medical Billing, and leading HIMSS level 6/7 projects is highly desirable.
Employee Health Requirements
Non-Clinical Non-Patient Care
- Develop and maintain an information technology vision and strategic plan for UPMC Ireland and the UPMC International Technology Operations Center (ITOC) serving the foundational technology needs for UPMC international facilities and interests. The plan should prioritize a patient-centric approach to clinical care, as well as promote quality and efficiency across all UPMC sites.
- Foster and maintain interactive, collaborative working relationships with the administrative and operational leadership of UPMC Ireland facilities, and the CIO’s for UPMC Italy and UPMC China. Cultivate an environment that optimizes the development and use of clinical, administration, and research systems as well as leveraging data and analytics to foster quality and efficiency of clinical practice.
- Oversee all technology services and operations for UPMC Ireland as well as the ITOC. In collaboration with UPMC’s Country Managers, UPMC ISD Leadership, and the CIO’s for Italy and China, develop foundational infrastructure, cybersecurity, and application services to standardize UPMC International facilities technology platforms.
- Develop and manage technology budgets for UPMC Ireland and the ITOC.
- Foster positive relationships and effective communication with physicians and employees at all levels within the organization, and the community. Participate in appropriate community activities or initiatives to promote and market UPMC.
- Oversee the recruitment, selection, training, and maintenance of staff to support the applicable UPMC Business Unit’s Information Service needs.
- Perform related tasks as assigned by the UPMC Business Unit, upon request.
- Protect the integrity and confidentiality of all data and information through physical and/or electronic means. Ensures IT compliance with GDPR.
- Provide customer-oriented service to internal and external clients located throughout UPMC’s global footprint. The CIO is responsible to lead an IT team that will deliver of IT systems, infrastructure and services; that will ensure 365/24/7 systems availability. The CIO is responsible for conducting regular risk assessments escalation of risks and issues to senior management. The CIO will provide timely status reports to senior management.
Primary location: Southeast Ireland. Expected travel outside of Ireland on average 20% – 25% annually.
Applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above position is by way of letter of application and curriculum vitae to Ms Natalie Moore, HR Coordinator email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Tuesday 31st March 2020.