Please send letter of application along with an up-to-date CV to Natalie Moore, HR Business Partner, UPMC Whitfield Hospital, Cork Road, Waterford or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Sunday, 20 June 2021.
Based at: UPMC Kildare Hospital, Clane
Reports To: General Manager
Roles and Responsibilities:
Operational Kitchen Management
- To manage the daily food preparation for the hospital
- Food ordering
- Rostering and management of the catering attendants
- Adherence to Food Safety and HACCP procedures
- Daily cleaning of work-station
- General day to day cleaning duties
Finance & Stock Control
- Measuring dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately to keep wastage to a minimum
- Dealing with deliveries and stock rotation
Health & Safety
- Working safely and maintaining safety in the workplace
Customer Service & ACE
- Always be available to deal with any concerns that customers may have and seek a solution to every issue that goes beyond what might ordinarily be expected displaying a positive and committed attitude to customer care.
- To maintain high level of communication with hospital management and kitchen assistants at all times, ensuring special messages/request are dealt with promptly
Training and Development
- Commitment to on the job daily training
Qualifications, Experience and Training
- No formal Education necessary but would be viewed favourably
- HACCP Qualification is essential
- Willingness to attend culinary training as required
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviour
- Self-starter with an excellent knowledge of and commitment to food hygiene best practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – spoken and written.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As UPMC Kildare Hospital and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the hospital.
A $23 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.