Please send letter of application along with an up-to-date CV to Natalie Moore, HR Coordinator, UPMC Whitfield Hospital, Cork Road, Waterford, or by email to email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday, 21 August 2020.
Central Sterile Services Department (CSSD) Operative
UPMC Kildare Hospital, Clane
Reports to: CSSD Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Decontamination and sterilization of all medical devices.
- Transport of sterile items.
- Storage of sterile items.
- Stock control.
- Complete traceability on tracker system.
- Disinfection, inspection, packaging, and sterilization of medical devices.
- Adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with training and education programmes.
- Attend meetings regarding CSSD.
- Knowledge of all policies and procedures.
- To work with others as part of a team.
- All CSSD staff must understand the importance of confidentiality.
Professional Accountability and Development
- To work to the UPMC values, mission, and vision statement.
- To maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- To provide a professional service and represent UPMC Kildare Hospital in a way that promotes the hospital’s customer care ethos.
- To complete and comply with all clerical, paperwork, and administration procedures to ensure that the reporting systems and monitoring responsibilities are maintained throughout.
- To use resources both effectively and efficiently.
- Maintain effective communication and negotiate with colleagues of other speciality services and departments to ensure co-operation with achieving objectives and to promote good working relationships.
- To undertake as required any immediate responses to emergencies such as cardiac arrests, fire alarms, etc.
- To inform the department manager of any health and safety issues as required.
- To participate and undertake a proactive role in the hospital quality processes such as accreditation.
- To approach interpersonal relationships in a manner that promotes a healthy working environment and avoids conflict.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty as directed to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- To participate and undertake a proactive role in achieving cost-saving measures.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of the following and always practice within the guidelines and policies written at both unit and hospital level:
- Occupational health
- Facilities management
- Manual handling and patient moving
- Health and safety
- Departmental financial and budgetary controls
Quality and Audit
- Participate in local audits in preparation for annual accreditation.
- Work closely with the quality and patient safety team, ensuring the department is meeting accreditation standards at all times.
Health and Safety
- To uphold UPMC Kildare Hospital’s policy requirements in relation to fire, infection control, and health and safety at work regulations, and to attend updates.
- Identify potential risks for all staff, patients, and visitors and adhere to relevant incident reporting procedures.
- To observe a general duty of care for the health, safety, and well-being of self, work colleagues, visitors, and patients within the hospital, in addition to any specific risk management associated with this post.
The Post holder must hold the following to fulfill the requirements of this post:
- At least one years experience in a CSSD, pharmaceutical, or clean room industry.
- Knowledge of theatre instruments is desirable.
- Previous experience in patient care is desirable.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the needs of UPMC Kildare Hospital and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the Hospital.
Excellent remuneration package available to the successful applicant
A $21 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.