Please send letter of application along with an up-to-date CV to Aoife Power , HR Business Partner, UPMC Whitfield Hospital, Cork Road, Waterford, or by email to email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Sunday, 20 June 2021.
Central Sterile Services Department (CSSD) / Decontamination Operative
Based at: UPMC Kildare Hospital, Clane
Duties and Responsibilities
- Decontamination sterilization of all medical devices.
- Transport of sterile items.
- Storage of sterile items.
- Stock control.
- Complete traceability on tracker system.
- Disinfection, inspection, packaging and sterilization of medical devices.
- Adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with Training and Education programmes
- Attend meetings regarding CSSD/ endoscopy decontam.
- Knowledge of all policies and procedures.
- To work with others as part of a team.
- All CSSD/endoscopy decontam staff must understand the importance of confidentiality.
Professional Accountability and Development
- To work to the UPMC values, mission and vision statement.
- To maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- To provide a professional service and represent UPMC Kildare Hospital in a way which promotes the hospital’s customer care ethos.
- To complete and comply with all clerical, paperwork and administration procedures to ensure that the reporting systems and monitoring responsibilities are maintained throughout.
- To use resources both effectively and efficiently.
- Maintain effective communication and negotiate with colleagues of other speciality services and departments to ensure co-operation with achieving objectives and to promote good working relationships.
- To undertake as required any immediate responses to emergencies such as cardiac arrests, fire alarms etc.
- To inform the department manager of any health and safety issues as required.
- To participate and undertake a pro-active role in the hospital quality processes such as accreditation.
- To approach interpersonal relationships in a manner that promotes a healthy working environment and avoids conflict.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty as directed to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- To participate and undertake a pro-active role in achieving cost-saving measures.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of the following and always practice within the guidelines and policies written at both unit and Hospital level:
- Occupational health
- Facilities management
- Manual handling and patient moving
- Health and Safety
- Departmental financial & budgetary controls
Quality & Audit
- Participate in local audits in preparation for annual accreditation.
- Work closely with the Quality and Patient Safety team, ensuring the department is meeting accreditation standards at all times.
Health and Safety
- To uphold UPMC Kildare Hospital’s policy requirements in relation to Fire, Infection Control and Health and Safety at work regulations and to attend updates.
- Identify potential risks for all staff, patients and visitors and adhere to relevant incident reporting procedures.
- To observe a general duty of care for the health, safety and well-being of self, work colleagues, visitors and patients within the hospital, in addition to any specific risk management associated with this post.
The post holder must hold the following to fulfil the requirements of this post:
- At least 1 years’ experience in a CSSD/endoscopy decontam, pharmaceutical or clean room industry.
- Knowledge of theatre instruments is desirable.
- Previous experience in patient care – desirable.
Excellent remuneration package available to the successful applicant
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the UPMC Whitfield Hospital and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the Hospital.
A $23 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.