As UPMC Whitfield Hospital is expanding its services, we have excellent opportunities available for Staff Nurses in our new Coronary Care Unit.
The Coronary Care Unit in UPMC Whitfield currently has 3 beds with 2 step- down beds. Patients will be admitted to the unit from the Cath Lab.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates.
The successful applicant will be required to take responsibility on each shift for the nursing care of allocated patients. To work within the nursing team and assist colleagues as necessary in providing and maintaining the highest standards in patient care at all times and to work as part of the multidisciplinary team.
- Registered in the General Division of the live register of nurses kept by the NMBI
- A minimum 12 months recent experience working in an acute hospital setting
- Essential- CCU experience (minimum 2 years)
- Desirable -Provide written evidence of post graduate degree/certificate in the area of Cardiology nursing
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Must possess strong communication skills and clinical skills
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Must be computer literate
- Flexibility and excellent use of initiative
Excellent remuneration package available to the successful applicants.
To apply for this role please contact Aoife Power HR Generalist, UPMC Whitfield, Cork Road, Waterford or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday, 22nd March 2020.