Applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above position is by way of a letter of application and curriculum vitae to Fiona Horan, HR Manager email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Sunday, 3 October 2021.
Based at: Global Technology Operations Centre, Kilkenny
The business analyst position will be part of a strategic team in a Global Organisation in Kilkenny. The business process analyst will provide support and accountability for business process improvement efforts across the organisation. This position will be responsible for monitoring, documenting and reporting progress and performance for defined project objectives and measures as well as for analysis of process variance and other types of business process data.
Manage multiple tasks and projects, and forge strong interpersonal relationships within the department, with other departments, and with external audiences.
Support business process improvement/ reengineering efforts of all types including the following duties:
- Analyse business, financial & clinical performance and operational data to establish process understanding.
- Identify improvement opportunities and develop process control plans.
- Apply business process improvement frameworks such as the DMAIC model to develop and implement thoughtful, thorough, and effective business process improvement approaches.
- Perform statistical analysis and then be able to explain findings to a non-technical audience of both internal and external customers and, at times, senior management.
- Generate necessary project documentation, including meeting minutes, project deliverables, etc.
- Identify and help resolve potential issues and/or barriers which are critical to the success of a project.
- Maintain project documents within approved archival systems.
- Handle project administrative duties including scheduling requirements, SharePoint requirements, etc.
- Assist in the development of business cases, work plans, communications, etc.
- Perform cost/benefit analysis.
- Meet deadlines and turnaround times set by managers and department director (these deadlines and turnaround times will, at times, require the employee to work until the project is completed, meaning extended daily work hours, extended work weeks, or both).
Educational and knowledge requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Health Care, Management or related field, with 2 years of data analysis and/or systems configuration experience required OR
- Master’s degree in related field with one year of data analysis and/or systems configuration experience required.
- Strong knowledge of Cognos, Crystal Reports, Excel, and other statistical software packages preferred.
- Experience with recruitment and/or business process systems (IBM Business Process Manager, applicant tracking systems, candidate relationship management tools) preferred.
- Basic understanding of programming languages (HTML, CSS, Java script, SQL) required.
- Advanced mathematical skills required.
- Ability to re-engineer processes to positively impact productivity in terms of timeliness and accuracy required.
Employee health requirements
- Non-clinical, non patient care.
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As UPMC in Ireland and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the organisation.
A $23 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane and UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny. Outpatient care is available at the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, the UPMC Sports Medicine Clinic at WIT Arena and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.