Applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above position is by way of letter of application and curriculum vitae to Fiona Horan, HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday, 30 July 2021.
Based at: UPMC Global Technology Operations Centre, Kilkenny
Full Time Permanent
The BI Developer will develop a process to move data output from existing static content to interactive (Visualization) in the form of Dashboards and performance analytics within BI (Business Intelligence) tools, such as PowerBI, Qlik, or Tableau. Will work closely with IT and administration to facilitate governance, and technical integrations.
- Bachelors’ degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Computer Science or related disciplines (Preferred: Masters/MBA).
- Required: 2-3 plus years of BI environment experience, PowerBI preferred.
- Preferred: Certified Professional on one or more BI platforms.
- Preferred: Knowledge in PowerBI or similar, Installation, Configuration, Administration, Security, Development, and Designing.
- Preferred: 2 plus years of SQL Server & Oracle database experience.
- Proficient in building and optimizing complex SQL queries.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to structure and conduct analyses to generate insight and recommendations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, and forge strong interpersonal relationships within the department, with other departments, and with external audiences.
- Excellent planning, communication, documentation, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, enthusiasm and initiative on a daily basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment a must.
- Experience working with minimal direction, with a keen ability to leverage business-sense to guide decision making.
- Healthcare experience preferred but not required, consumer / retail / technology /Insurance experience preferred.
- Candidates who are multi-lingual are preferred. The ability to speak and understand Italian is a plus.
- Design and develop processes, and solutions to compile data into interactive dashboards to monitor and trend administrative, finance, and clinical activity.
- Design, develop, and generate ad hoc reports and analysis by querying appropriate database(s) using analytical tools.
- Lead all dashboard designing and architecture projects for analytics.
- Organize data and implement analytic data marts and business intelligence views for performance monitoring, measurement, evaluation vs. forecasts, and financial measures.
- Recommend and design ongoing improvements to process to improve program performance measurement.
- The implementation and support for information security directives as mandated by UPMC policy and EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the UPMC Global Technology Operations Center and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the Center.
A $23 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.