Applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above position is by way of letter of application and curriculum vitae to Ms. Aoife Power, HR Business Partner – email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Wednesday, 14 April 2021.
Associate Software Engineer
Based at: UPMC Global Technology Operations Centre, Kilkenny
Full Time Permanent
Under the direction of management and more senior members of the team, the Associate Software Engineer will contribute to the overall Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) by completing assigned projects and tasks by meeting established quality measures. The focus of this position will be to reach a competent level of the technology stack.
- Application Development Cycle – Show fundamental knowledge of application development cycle.
- Security – Show fundamental knowledge and the ability to learn secure coding processes and writing, accessing, and following established security protocols.
- Troubleshooting – Show the ability to resolve basic issues and offer input on issue resolution.
- Quality – Follow established coding standards. Submit code for review and deliver quality, unit test code.
- Design – Follow established design patterns and has awareness of user experience standards. Responsible for individual components of design.
- Integration – Responsible for less complex components of integration within a module.
- Documentation – Create basic technical documentation.
- Project Management – Has ownership in success of projects. Responsible for estimating and delivering on individual task within project.
- Communication – Responsible for demonstrating appropriate, clear, concise, and effective written and oral communications in all interactions to build relationships and accomplish day to day work and projects.
- Interactions with Others – Successfully completes projects, tasks, and initiatives by embracing a team-first approach. Works in collaboration with team and offers feedback, where appropriate, to complete individual and group efforts. Shows the ability to adjust and be flexible to change by adapting approach when necessary. Mentors less experienced staff.
- Self-Development – Responsible for continuous self-study, trainings, partnering with more senior members of team, and/or seeking out opportunities to broaden scope to stay up to date with industry and organizational trends. Seeks feedback from senior team members for development and effectively incorporates feedback into work and behaviors.
- Software Solutions – Develop, validate and implement software solutions based on customer requirements, enterprise architecture standards and defined project designs.
Educational and Knowledge Requirements
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Relevant 3rd level qualification
- Experience with complex development environments, taking abstract concepts and ideas and formulating a detailed software deliverable
- Experience in developing on cross-functional systems
- Deep knowledge of programming
- Basic understanding of the SDLC
- Highly driven and self-motivated to exceed expectations
- Ability to work independently and in a team-based environment
- Proficient in both oral and written communication
This job description is intended to be an outline of the areas of responsibility. As the UPMC Global Technology Operations Center and the post holder develop, this job description may be subject to review in light of the changing needs of the Center.
A $23 billion healthcare provider and insurer, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based UPMC is inventing new models of patient-centred, cost-effective, accountable care. Working in close collaboration with the University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences, UPMC shares its clinical, managerial and technological skills worldwide through its innovation and commercialisation arm, UPMC Enterprises, and through UPMC International.
Providing high-quality healthcare in the South East since 2006, UPMC’s operations in Ireland now include UPMC Whitfield Hospital in Waterford, UPMC Kildare Hospital in Clane, UPMC Aut Even Hospital in Kilkenny, the UPMC Carlow Outreach Centre, UPMC Hillman Cancer Centre radiotherapy locations at UPMC Whitfield and in Cork, and the UPMC Concussion Network. UPMC is the Official Healthcare Partner of the GAA and GPA.